aggressive toward other dogs and some people

Wee Angus

Apr 1, 2013
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
HELP! My 3 year old neutered male has become aggressive to other dogs and even some people. Wee Angus used to be friendly to all dogs and people but he seems to have changed. Twice he has gotten out of our house and gone after another dog walking by and one dog owner threatened to report him. Yikes! Last week we took him with us on vacation for a week and he was great with dogs and people for the first half of the week and then he started getting snarly and mean whenever he saw another dog but was super friendly to all people. Since arriving home he has started to snarl at people as well as dogs when we go out. I have a hard time holding him back. He needs to be in control of everything, he chases bird and planes flying over our yard, runs back and forth when the neighbor mows his lawn on the other side of the fence. He goes after guests who come in the house with something in their hands. I have always used the nothing for free training method and have had a trainer work with us/him in the past. Any advice???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Siunds like you need to go back to basics with him... He us trying to take over. I would also have your vet do a full exam make sure he us not in pain and have his thyroid levels checked ...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Agree w/ Christine, have blood work & Thyroid checked & physical exam.
Otherwise, he may be establishing dominance and you need to read up
on you & all humans being ALPHA and/or work with a bulldog authority
trainer to help him. Keep us informed & updated, thanks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.