Help Needed! My Bully is aggressive to only 1 of my other furbabies ( we have 4 others)

Inkslngr

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf
Olaf is our newest he seems to get along with all of our dogs except Nikki ( a catalua mix) she is the only dog in the house taller than he is, outside is NOT an issue but inside he wants to eat her alive? he has no issues with any of the others or our 2 16 year old cats...any clues?
(side note) Olaf goes in to surgery today for cherry eye and nurturing we are hoping this will help. but we would be most grateful for any advice!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
First off --- best of luck with the surgery - hope all goes well.

Olaf is a puppy, right? Are you using any training with him now? Something like, 'Nothing in life is free' will help with this as it seems he is trying to be the alpha and could be seeing Nikki as his only competition for it. Make sure everyone in the house follows the same training with him and get him to understand he is not alpha

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ioral/33985-life-free-training-technique.html

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i too have this problem..one of my females want to pick on the oldest one..and when she starts to jump her then the youngest one comes and joins her.. how do you make them stop this.. i have separated them but didnt help.. i even just let my oldest fight back and she puts her in her place (thinking that she has to be the one to show her shes not the alpha) but my abbey still continues to do this..

and my oldest one is getting up there in age, so i worry she will really hurt her.

now she is starting to do this to our newest one.. I feel like im not a very good bulldog mom.. i just dont know what to do.. i now know why god didnt want me to have kids... lol. help... need a trainer to help show me how to get them to get along..

OP
I

Inkslngr

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf
no he's not a puppy he's about 1 1/2 y/o Nikki is NON aggressive at all she cowers to him and is terrified of him all the time all the others have been trained and socialized and have no issues at all

(side note) Vet called surgery went great! Olaf is doing just fine we pick him up this afternoon. he did well with both surgery's and will be home tonight

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no he's not a puppy he's about 1 1/2 y/o Nikki is NON aggressive at all she cowers to him and is terrified of him all the time all the others have been trained and socialized and have no issues at all

Then it could be Olaf is being nasty because he knows she is submissive -- it seems he is trying to assert being alpha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online