Licking driving me nuts

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Ok so I love my Bentley. I'm frustrated with myself that he is annoying me. It's probably a bulldog mama thing, but my guy can do no wrong,;) just kidding... Ok. Help please! If there is skin available, mostly my skin. For example when he jumps up to sit on the couch with me, he will not stop licking me! What's the deal? I have to kick him off the couch to sit somewhere else. Then I get the big sad eyes..... Gah.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus gets like this sometimes, especially if you have lotion on. I think it's part that he loves me and part that bullies are a little ocd sometimes. I've definitely kicked Ruckus off the couch also because my arm will be soaked in bulldog slobber.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea does this to my face. If I let her she will sit next to me liking my face non stop for 30 minutes or more. She doesn't do it to anyone else in the family either. Usually I will let her do it for a few seconds and tell her to stop and put my arm up to move her a little. Most of the time she will lie down but other times she gets a bit persistent and try to wiggle around my arm to start licking again and then I just tell her no more and she stops for few hours and tries again.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
He, he, read this minutes after telling Castor to stop licking my feet... Always the same thing - I tell him to stop and Castor looks up at me, raising a front paw as if apologizing...so here we always end up holding hands/paws!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella obsessively licks, too. She'll go to town on my skin, which I don't mind most times. Sometimes, though, you don't want bully drool on you.

The annoying thing that she licks is the couch. She will lick a huge wet spot on the couch, which I hate! Now I make her stop right when she starts couch licking.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Good! We are not the only ones with the issue. I don't mind bully kisses, or slobber. It's just the OCD licking! Ha ha! I guess I have my one bully pet peeve. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse licks my feet when I sit down and sometimes my arm just after I get out of the shower maybe I smell too nice after the shower and he wants to make me smell like him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
wish I knew,,,,,, Nitschke, Banks, Cheli and Lambeau have all done it or do it .... drives me ape-****!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maude is a licking fanatic-don't buy an EBD at the likker store!! She licks the dog beds, and the floor. I figure she is going to get hair balls!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is a mad licker too. Especially if you have lotion on. we usually have to move him away and tell him to stop. I read that this is a sign of a strong bond.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online