Help Needed! LEASH PROBLEM!!!

Natcin

Jul 5, 2015
Country
Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly and piggy
I have a female english bulldog puppy who is 2 months and 3 weeks old. Her name is Nelly and I have a problem with starting a leash for her. Whenever I tried to take her on a leash, she just lays down there and sometimes she pull back and won't move even a step. I've started from a week ago and whenever I tried to walk with her with a leash, she will get angry and start crying :(:(. I also have a male bulldog who is 6 months old named Piggy, I taught him with a leash before when he was 4 months old and it was really easy....so I'm not sure if the problem comes from her behavior or her age? Please help:unsure::unsure:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would try using a 2dog attachment or slip her leash through his halter, and see if she will walk with her brother. most young pups want to do what the other one is doing.
Give it a try, it might work for you!

OP
N

Natcin

Jul 5, 2015
Country
Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly and piggy
I would try using a 2dog attachment or slip her leash through his halter, and see if she will walk with her brother. most young pups want to do what the other one is doing.
Give it a try, it might work for you!

Thanks for you advice it it seem does not work for her because I tried many times in the past. When I took both of them outside on leash she did not recognize that she had leash on at first but when she did, she turned her face back and tried to pull and bite the leash. And the other one when he saw that, he started to do like Nelly and tried to against the leash too.:(:unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be age..... also, be careful where you walking her if she not fully vaccinated. I never had issue with a pup not wanting to walk, but treats are always a good form of bribery

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
With some pups, I had to hold the leash straight up,with no slack in it,and they also wore a harness. When they would bit on the leash, I would say a stern "no" and keep on walking. It just takes time and patience,and repetition with some. leashwork.jpg

Most Reactions