Thread: LEASH PROBLEM!!!

Country
    Ca
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nelly and piggy
    Likes (Received)

Default LEASH PROBLEM!!!

I have a female english bulldog puppy who is 2 months and 3 weeks old. Her name is Nelly and I have a problem with starting a leash for her. Whenever I tried to take her on a leash, she just lays down there and sometimes she pull back and won't move even a step. I've started from a week ago and whenever I tried to walk with her with a leash, she will get angry and start crying . I also have a male bulldog who is 6 months old named Piggy, I taught him with a leash before when he was 4 months old and it was really easy....so I'm not sure if the problem comes from her behavior or her age? Please help

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: LEASH PROBLEM!!!

I would try using a 2dog attachment or slip her leash through his halter, and see if she will walk with her brother. most young pups want to do what the other one is doing.
    Give it a try, it might work for you!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    Ca
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nelly and piggy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I would try using a 2dog attachment or slip her leash through his halter, and see if she will walk with her brother. most young pups want to do what the other one is doing.
    Give it a try, it might work for you!
    Thanks for you advice it it seem does not work for her because I tried many times in the past. When I took both of them outside on leash she did not recognize that she had leash on at first but when she did, she turned her face back and tried to pull and bite the leash. And the other one when he saw that, he started to do like Nelly and tried to against the leash too.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

could be age..... also, be careful where you walking her if she not fully vaccinated. I never had issue with a pup not wanting to walk, but treats are always a good form of bribery
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

With some pups, I had to hold the leash straight up,with no slack in it,and they also wore a harness. When they would bit on the leash, I would say a stern "no" and keep on walking. It just takes time and patience,and repetition with some. -leashwork-jpg
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Remove Ads