the dreaded downspout

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
Hi all. Over the past few weeks Igor has become obsessed with our downspouts. He has managed to tear all of them off the back of the house and refuses to let them go/put them down. ai have tried treats to distract, water bottles etc and nothing really works. He had a little issue last year so we switched the ends to plastic and buried them under mulch. Until recently this was working great. Clearly we need downspouts so I am looking for pointers from folks who have had this or similar issues on how to prevent the destruction but more importantly protect my guy from harmful things.

Thanks in advance Lisa

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh man… I had an issue w/Wally last year and our sprinkler heads :blink: You know I ended up getting tomato cages to put around the heads, it's just an idea… he may lose interest in them and by next summer you won't have to use them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy crap --- he is determined! maybe small fencing that he can not get at them? We had to do something similar to prevent Lambeau from getting in the garden -- it has been about 2 months and he is seeming to lose interest, but I will not take the fencing down --- no need to test his willingness :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what I was thinking too, use some type of wire fencing around them. I had to put the green wire fencing along our landscaping to keep ours out of it so they would not eat the mulch.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.