xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Okay so I have heard that bark collars are a no-no and it hurts them... but recently people have been telling me I should get them. The problem is Bella taught Jovi to bark at everything, then Jovi taught Tali to bark at everything. So now anytime someone is in my yard, walking by the house, opening my door, making noises outside the house, something drops, ect. Everything that makes noise, they all bark. My house sounds like an SPCA. I have tried everything from a firm No and spray bottle to a water bottle filled with change to ignoring them. Nothing works. Any advice?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH --- there are different kinds of collars --- I never used a bark collar, but they have ones that spray citronella when the dog barks --- have you looked into those?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never used them, but as Christine has said, there are different ones out there. They even have some that vibrate instead of shocking them, so that might be better.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
They do make a bark collar that will send a tone only. This is the kind I would recommend. We bought a collar for Frankie recently because his stealing of things was becoming dangerous for him, Batteries, knives,etc.... so we bought on that has tone and shock. We use the tone and he really responds to it well. He has stopped all jumping while wearing the collar. It does not hurt him in anyway, it simply redirects him from the jumping and he spends 5mins looking for where the sound came from. I would recommend looking on amazon at the different types. I saved a ton of money (like half)over the price petco and other stores wanted. Just please, anytime you are considering buying any type of collar for your dog, read up on the reviews and the actual directions it comes with, and use with responsibility and care.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.