Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
@Petra ... I was thinking this too... maybe get him to bond some with hubby may help. banks was like this with Nitschke and we had a heck of a time getting her to not attack him.. the difference however, was Banks was just overly dominate and did not like that Nitschke was the first dog (not alpha) he was first in the home and she was pissed about it. So with them we had to watch the interaction and behavior constantly... if Nitshcke coward or slowly left a room then we knew she was up to something, or if we noticed changes to her stance or movement, she was placed in a submissive position till we released her.... it was a 9 yr training session :D

Ja I think you and [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] are right... cos there isn't a problem when I'm home alone:ponder: I'm the one doing everything that has to do with discipline with the dogs, hubby just gives them treats and cuddle them. No wonder they get so happy when he comes home:eek:. I'm just the mean b**ch with wet wipes and claw clippers:mellow:

This probably started when my husband fed them by couch, he doesn't listen to me. Bennie has food aggression and we can't feed him in the same room as the others so I don't know how he thinks it's a good idea to give them of his food at dinner time:( That was the first time Bennie attacked Boeboe at this house. It was months, maybe a year since their last fight so this was so unnecessary. Unfortunately it's not enough if one person in the household has rules... This exact reason is why Bennie and Joey are now fighting at plain sight of each other, hubby fed them together... If that happens with Boeboe and Bennie we are in BIG trouble. I don't want to blame my hubby cos he's a really good person but he needs to understand that if you want animals certain responsibility comes with it. He's the type that just wants to save animals and drink wine, lol.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Funny! Prozac made me mean and hateful! LOL!!

Our Springer Spaniel, Pecos, so loving, gentle & a real clown
become very anxious over a move and it just escalated until
our Vet put him on Prozac. It turned him mean & hateful and
aggressive! He turned on our cat, formerly his love buddy, for
no reason at all and she barely made it to safety, it was so
very shocking, scary & sad.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There was a post on the forum page, about Composure Calming Supplement, stating that it really worked. Maybe you could give that a try. @Petra posted by @sheishistory and it is all natural

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ja I think you and @dolphin are right... cos there isn't a problem when I'm home alone:ponder: I'm the one doing everything that has to do with discipline with the dogs, hubby just gives them treats and cuddle them. No wonder they get so happy when he comes home:eek:. I'm just the mean b**ch with wet wipes and claw clippers:mellow:

This probably started when my husband fed them by couch, he doesn't listen to me. Bennie has food aggression and we can't feed him in the same room as the others so I don't know how he thinks it's a good idea to give them of his food at dinner time:( That was the first time Bennie attacked Boeboe at this house. It was months, maybe a year since their last fight so this was so unnecessary. Unfortunately it's not enough if one person in the household has rules... This exact reason is why Bennie and Joey are now fighting at plain sight of each other, hubby fed them together... If that happens with Boeboe and Bennie we are in BIG trouble. I don't want to blame my hubby cos he's a really good person but he needs to understand that if you want animals certain responsibility comes with it. He's the type that just wants to save animals and drink wine, lol.

LOL! That's exactly what my wife says about herself. Hopefully hubby will understand if he takes time with them then all of you could share time together in peace. ;)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Actually "Save animals and drink Wine" sounds like a great motto!:ROFL:

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
There was a post on the forum page, about Composure Calming Supplement, stating that it really worked. Maybe you could give that a try. @Petra posted by @sheishistory and it is all natural

Thank you, I'll look into that right now:) Maybe I even have some in my dog medicine cabinet... I remember we got something from the vet when Bennie and Joey were fighting... but it's probably old now... will check if it's the same stuff. This was also natural... some type o herb mix I think...

Found it, but it expired end of 2010.

20150519_161156.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Omg!...I couldn't help but laugh out loud at "it was a 9 yr training session".

It was for sure and Banks had the BEST Mom in the whole wide world.

Wow...so much love...went from laughing to tears in my eyes.

As I said to Tracey...in the end, it's the love that matters and is left
with us to hold us over until we are together again. <3 Banks <3

Well, it was.... the stinker was such a pistol she never let us give her an inch because she would take 100 miles..... LOVE her and miss her every second of the day.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I would still try it.... expiration is just because they are not allowed to sell after that date, in most cases

You think it's safe? The ingredients are homeopathic, contains:

Scutellaria Lateriflora, Chamomilla, Belladonna, Arsen Alb, Hepar Sulph and Lactose.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You think it's safe? The ingredients are homeopathic, contains:

Scutellaria Lateriflora, Chamomilla, Belladonna, Arsen Alb, Hepar Sulph and Lactose.

only do so if YOU are comfortable.... .... this does seem like it is all plant based except lactose

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I tried a lavender calming spray on Jackson last night, and he slept like a rock after a wrestling match (not fighting, no growling or hard biting) he's usually a crap head when he gets sleepy or hungry and will growl at the girls, and lash out at anything close, even me. Hopefully this keeps working for him, or he's going under the knife asap!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I tried a lavender calming spray on Jackson last night, and he slept like a rock after a wrestling match (not fighting, no growling or hard biting) he's usually a crap head when he gets sleepy or hungry and will growl at the girls, and lash out at anything close, even me. Hopefully this keeps working for him, or he's going under the knife asap!

That's great, I will look for something like that too:)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Lots of good comments and suggestions here.
Making TOO many changes can be confusing. Talk about a plan of action BEFORE you decide to make changes. What are the outcomes wanted or expected?
What steps need to be done along the way? What alternative steps to try and achieve the end results?

Take it slowly. Be consistent.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Lots of good comments and suggestions here.
Making TOO many changes can be confusing. Talk about a plan of action BEFORE you decide to make changes. What are the outcomes wanted or expected?
What steps need to be done along the way? What alternative steps to try and achieve the end results?

Take it slowly. Be consistent.

Thank you:) He's acting much better already, he pulls stuff like this sometimes but it was worse this time though... a little less "babying" and not letting him sit with while we eat made all the difference, he's actually by himself going to his room to sleep now while we eat, lol, it's kind of cute<3

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.