Help with encouraging Bulldog to use “Pet Toilet”

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
icon1.png
My boy Chubs just got a luxurious Petsafe “Pet Loo Pet Toilet “with upgraded artificial grass but he won’t use it! I’ve run out of ideas and I need help to encourage my dog to use the grass to relieve himself. But first a little background info. Chubs in 1.3 years old male English Bulldog with zero issues with house breaking in the condo. I guess I got lucky but I’m often gone for more than 8 hours so I hired a dog walker and bought this box just in case but he refuses to use it. I even went as far as acquiring the same synthetic grass used in my condos dog area. I’ve tried luring him.. I’ve used multiple scent marker products including dog urine but all failed. Chubs rather sit on the grass or chew a treat then use it as bathrooms talk about stubborn… The only thing I can think of at this point is to release him from his crate in the morning and trap him on the balcony until he delicates/urinates! Does anyone have some suggestions on what to do? :pray:

Amazon.com : PetSafe Pet Loo Pet Toilet, Original 33-Inch by 33-Inch : Litter Boxes : Pet Supplies

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
icon1.png
My boy Chubs just got a luxurious Petsafe “Pet Loo Pet Toilet “with upgraded artificial grass but he won’t use it! I’ve run out of ideas and I need help to encourage my dog to use the grass to relieve himself. But first a little background info. Chubs in 1.3 years old male English Bulldog with zero issues with house breaking in the condo. I guess I got lucky but I’m often gone for more than 8 hours so I hired a dog walker and bought this box just in case but he refuses to use it. I even went as far as acquiring the same synthetic grass used in my condos dog area. I’ve tried luring him.. I’ve used multiple scent marker products including dog urine but all failed. Chubs rather sit on the grass or chew a treat then use it as bathrooms talk about stubborn… The only thing I can think of at this point is to release him from his crate in the morning and trap him on the balcony until he delicates/urinates! Does anyone have some suggestions on what to do? :pray:

Amazon.com : PetSafe Pet Loo Pet Toilet, Original 33-Inch by 33-Inch : Litter Boxes : Pet Supplies

I hate to tell you this, but as you already stated - they are very stubborn. I would just let him get used to the box & see what happens. If he "really" has to go, he will. I don't think the trapping him will be useful. With us, Tyson refuses to use the backyard. We have a nice fenced in yard, but unless he REALLLYYYY has to go, he won't use it in the backyard. We have to walk him. I'm glad that you have a dog walker - and hate that I can't give you an suggestions.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He may not take to it, you just never know, only time will tell, you could out him in an x-pin with his crate and the potty box and see what happens.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.