Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks for sharing. It sounds the same as Nothing in Life is Free. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] practices it.

I have mixed feelings about the entire physical part of the whole alpha mentality so I never used force. Sometimes though, I can see how it would work.

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Uuugh I just got back from a training session with Tucker and the trainer was shaking his head in disappointment in me as far as me being Alpha not Tucker. I tried to explain "Everything is Tucker's!" I just live here to serve him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is a lot like 'nothing in life is free'... they have to earn/work for the food, toy, walk, attention.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
That was a very interesting article. We once had a wonderful alpha boxer, a male, and he was so "benevolent." We had another boxer and a bully, and my son's boxer a lot of the time. Anytime there was a squabble, all he had to do was walk over and give them the look and all the fighting would stop! Rosie was our bully at the time. He would correct her for something and she would immediately do it again. He finally just gave up with her. She was so stubborn it just wasn't worth the effort....

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
"A wolf would flip another wolf against his will ONLY if he were planning to kill it. Can you imagine what a forced alpha roll does to the psyche of our dogs?"

That's the biggest issue I have with the things being taught to people today. I really believe restraining a dog on the ground/alpha rolling is just making a bad situation even worse.

Most Reactions