RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So we took our Voitto to a temperament test. The test is really meant for working ang guarding dogs (german shephards, rottweilers and such) so if he'd be that the points would not be very flattering. Since he is a companion dog, he's great at that! The test covered differend areas, like willingness to fight, friendliness, performance under stress, willingness to defence etc.
View attachment 86467We all ready knew that he is friendly
View attachment 86468The test with the stick play also tested willingness to fight...he took the stick and played, but also gave it up easily, so low score on that
View attachment 86469At soe point he was looking at me...Mom...what the heck!
View attachment 86470 DSC_0021.jpgHere this figure was dragged towards him and he was supposed to bark and defend Miska...first he did, but half way..he went behind Miska...but good thing was that he made friends with the "attacker" soon...DSC_0036.jpgthere was also a barrel that was dropped from a ramp behind him, he got scared, but recoved quickly.
DSC_0046.jpgThe funniest part was when he was left alone tied to a wall and a guy came at him waving a stick. He was supposed to defend himself, but instead he looked at him straight in eye, without even backing and wiggled his tail. The guy said that that had never happened before. I think Voitto remembered him( the guy in the first pic) and thought: "C'mon man, what are you doing...stop that nonsence, you were just petting me"...
DSC_0054.jpgLast test was a loud gun shot, but he was OK with it.
DSC_0035.jpgHe wasn't OK with the collar though...They had to put it real tight, for safety, they said...Yep, he was really scary...
So he is a well behaved perfect companion dog, who won't hurt a fly, and we still need to keep our doors locked.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 174

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
He's a lover and not a fighter mom.... But you already knew that. lol

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
How cool! I love that you did this. He is such a great looking bully!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww he's a SWEET boy… ;) I've never owned a bully that I thought would make a good guard dog, they like people too much!!! Lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
How could that face ever be aggressive. He is such a good looking boy. Good job Voitto - we already knew you were a sweetheart :)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
What a great post! Loved the pics. Voitto is a great looking bully and he sounds like a perfect sweetheart! I'll bet the tester had fun--do they test many Bulldogs? Thanks for sharing!

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you. They said that it was fun to have a breed tested that they don't do tests so often. Could be that Voitto was their first. There maybe +/- 5 bullies tested per year in Finland.

What a great post! Loved the pics. Voitto is a great looking bully and he sounds like a perfect sweetheart! I'll bet the tester had fun--do they test many Bulldogs? Thanks for sharing!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] Thank you for posting this! So great that you get to do all these things with your "dogs". I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing of this!
Now for the bad news-if the word gets around-thieves will know that they will be welcomed by YOUR watch dogs!!! comein.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE it..... he is a true Bulldog -- handsome and friendly

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't think of that...but luckily we have Usko as well and he is the top dog and will protect us all....At least if the thiefs don't give them equal amount of attention they will start fighting with each other and that will scare away all intruders...

@RiiSi Thank you for posting this! So great that you get to do all these things with your "dogs". I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing of this!
Now for the bad news-if the word gets around-thieves will know that they will be welcomed by YOUR watch dogs!!! View attachment 86484

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
so he's not only incredibly stunning but smart as all get out!! I love that boy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] My dogs are a useless bunch!! They would wind up fighting over who gets petted first! They don't see many people, when they do they are so happy they can't contain themselves-and I can't contain them! I guess you're right-they'd fight with each other and that would scare someone off!!:ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.