Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 25

Thread: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

  1. #13
    Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    When my bully was a puppy i use to bite her right back and although it's almost gross and weird at the same time it did show her i was alpha and she tested me a ton of times with biting and i would bite right back. My son use to laugh at her expression of almost shock. I didnt bite hard like she did me but i would love doing this to her paw or her ear just to see her stop and look at me like what the heck lol. I also use to go up to her face super close and sniff her face really fast like she would do to me. I know its crazy but today she is 3 and she dont bite even when playing and she just sits while i sniff at her face. She probably thinks im nuts but I just laugh at her facial expressions.

  2. Likes Kmaestas7689 liked this post
  3. #14
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    559
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)
    186

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Quote Originally Posted by boo boo butts mom View Post
    When my bully was a puppy i use to bite her right back and although it's almost gross and weird at the same time it did show her i was alpha and she tested me a ton of times with biting and i would bite right back. My son use to laugh at her expression of almost shock. I didnt bite hard like she did me but i would love doing this to her paw or her ear just to see her stop and look at me like what the heck lol. I also use to go up to her face super close and sniff her face really fast like she would do to me. I know its crazy but today she is 3 and she dont bite even when playing and she just sits while i sniff at her face. She probably thinks im nuts but I just laugh at her facial expressions.
    OMG Boo Boo Mom THAT IS AWESOME. I would of Loved to see you biting back. My side is sore laughing. Bite Back. That made my day.
    We did a three phase. Several big Elk Bones and when they want to chew, chew on the bone, if the boys were chewing something from a distance I shot contact solution at them and next is old school which most won't like. My Gramdfather told me with my first dog that if the pup starts biting your hand-skin take their side jaw and grind it on their teeth. Every time the pup bites at you grind their jaw on their teeth. If you do that consistently it works. Grind, no and give them the elk bone. Hang in there and Boo Boo I love ya..Ralphie

  4. #15
    Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Every single puppy i have ever had i did this with but boo was the most fun with. Stop tilt the head one way and then to the other side as though to say, "what the heck did she just do to me,omg she bit me back". I tried to get my son to do this with his dog and of course not lol and umm yeah i say well he bites cause you wouldn't listen lol. Boo knows who the alpha is in my house lolol. I love me some dogs.

  5. Likes Kmaestas7689 liked this post
  6. #16
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    559
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)
    186

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    What did your son teachers say when he came to school with bite marks? Ralphie

  7. #17
    Pooper scooper Kmaestas7689's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    25
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliot
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    We are doing our best/ today he bit my husbands fathers face so hard he drew lots of blood. But he has his moments where he will get distracted and not want to chew on us. Bulldogs are completely different than other dogs. My parents raised border collies and I thought they were bad. I was warned about health issues and what not but this defiantly needs to be on the warning list. Patiently waiting for it to pass thank you everyone. Always get the best advice.

  8. #18
    Kennel Cleaner Vader The Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Devin
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Chino Hills, CA
    Posts
    78
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Darth Vader
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    72

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Haha I'm currently going through this with Vader and even though I've read countless threads and replies saying it's normal and will pass and just hang in there, SOMETIMES I WANT TO RIP MY HAIR OUT!! He can be an absolute monster sometimes! We've been working hard with the redirection to a chew toy and it definitely seems to be working. You can see there are times that he shows improvement, like he'll get distracted from his current toy and walk over to me, and very slowly open his mouth and give my arm a little tiny soft nibble. When he's like this, it really only takes a stern look and he decides to just lick me.

    But then OTHER TIMES... Holy cow look out! He will give it all he's got in his little but crazy tough puppy jaw!

    I have an odd feeling that when it's all gone there will be that odd sense of nostalgia when I think back to his shark phase.
    The force is strong with this one...


    IG: @ABullyNamedVader

  9. #19
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader The Bully View Post
    Haha I'm currently going through this with Vader and even though I've read countless threads and replies saying it's normal and will pass and just hang in there, SOMETIMES I WANT TO RIP MY HAIR OUT!! He can be an absolute monster sometimes! We've been working hard with the redirection to a chew toy and it definitely seems to be working. You can see there are times that he shows improvement, like he'll get distracted from his current toy and walk over to me, and very slowly open his mouth and give my arm a little tiny soft nibble. When he's like this, it really only takes a stern look and he decides to just lick me.

    But then OTHER TIMES... Holy cow look out! He will give it all he's got in his little but crazy tough puppy jaw!

    I have an odd feeling that when it's all gone there will be that odd sense of nostalgia when I think back to his shark phase.
    I think it's like giving birth (I've never given birth) in that the pain is so bad that, once it's over, your mind forgets how painful it is. This is so that, in the future, you can raise another bully pup.


    That's my belief. It's bulldog witchery.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  10. Likes Manydogs, Donnam liked this post
  11. #20
    Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Never got any marks, just playful biting from sons dog. Both are very well behaved for the most part. Teaching sons dog to use his qieter voice when barking and omg he is a hoot lol. He goes from a loud bark to a very low yip lol. I just about fell over laughing the first time he got it, my son thinks i am warping his dog. You cant help but try something else when they pick up on things. My son laughs and says i need a hobby. Whatever! Lol.

  12. #21
    Bully Bootie Duty betterxthanxnew's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tasha Penwell
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA.
    Posts
    165
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Effie & Josie
    Likes (Received)
    158

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    We got Effie when she was 9 weeks, and she just turned 15 weeks yesterday. She's our first puppy....and we had no clue what were getting ourselves into- even after all the research. She's been a little bullshark for sure! My husband has so many chew marks on his arm, it's ridiculous (she's drawn blood on him multiple times)! I'm a bit more consistent with her than he is. I do think she's improved a lot over the last 2 weeks. You've got a 50/50 shot of being bitten versus just getting licked now LOL. We praise her for giving kisses, and if she bites we immediately put her on the floor and ignore, or get up and walk away for about 20-30 seconds. We just incorporated the water squirting method as well. I definitely can't wait for this phase to pass!
    I remember about a week after we got her, Effie and I were taking a nap on the couch and next thing I knew she nipped my lip! It was swollen for like 3 days...I remember thinking Oh Lord, what have I gotten myself into!!!


    But, she's definitely stolen my heart
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are"


  13. Likes Kmaestas7689 liked this post
  14. #22
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6680

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader The Bully View Post
    Haha I'm currently going through this with Vader and even though I've read countless threads and replies saying it's normal and will pass and just hang in there, SOMETIMES I WANT TO RIP MY HAIR OUT!! He can be an absolute monster sometimes! We've been working hard with the redirection to a chew toy and it definitely seems to be working. You can see there are times that he shows improvement, like he'll get distracted from his current toy and walk over to me, and very slowly open his mouth and give my arm a little tiny soft nibble. When he's like this, it really only takes a stern look and he decides to just lick me.

    But then OTHER TIMES... Holy cow look out! He will give it all he's got in his little but crazy tough puppy jaw!

    I have an odd feeling that when it's all gone there will be that odd sense of nostalgia when I think back to his shark phase.
    Oh you are so right! Eng. Bulldogs are the most sharky babies I have ever had! If I had a dollar for every time I said"no bite-here bite THIS!" I would be a multi-billionaire! They also had an obsession with shoes,(especially when I was walking) so I was continually saying "No shoes!" Now that they are all grown-I miss puppies! Now wishing I didn't have them all spayed!ha!ha! I guess I like pain!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  15. Likes Kmaestas7689 liked this post
  16. #23
    Newbie BustersOwner's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Buster is almost at 6 months and is still being a Jerk and going after feet and biting us all over. The vet said he is going to be a bug dog and we are getting worried he will be an aggressive dog. Any thoughts on shock collars?

  17. #24
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6680

    Default Re: My puppy only seems to want to bite/ HARD

    Quote Originally Posted by BustersOwner View Post
    Buster is almost at 6 months and is still being a Jerk and going after feet and biting us all over. The vet said he is going to be a bug dog and we are getting worried he will be an aggressive dog. Any thoughts on shock collars?
    @2BullyMama She will help you.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •