Peeing while eating/playing?!

christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
I've been noticing that Spanky (10 weeks old) will "dribble" while he's playing or eating. Is this normal? And if so, how long does it usually take for them to outgrow it? Get better with potty training? He has a few full out pee accidents throughout the day, but I will notice occasional dribbles while eating or playing!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would say at his age this is extremely normal… some puppies will get excited and pee a little. If for some reason it becomes excessive I would mention it to the vet, potty training w/bulldogs can take some time… my bullies finally were fully trained between 6 to 8 mos and had some accidents after that. Best rule of thumb is to take them out regularly, I think that I started out w/every two hours and immediately after eating or playing. Good luck!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with Tracey -- at 10 wks, normal. Figure to take him out at least every two hours, immediate after eating, playing or just waking up. Also, a good rule to follow is they can only hold the bladder 1 hr more than they are months old. So, at 2 months, 3 hr. is pushing his limit

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree as well that it is normal. When he does dribble I would stop play and bring him outside so he gets the idea that there cannot be dribbles while playing and potty takes place outside. When they are that little I would only play for 10-15 mins and then have a potty break, especially if it was active play.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.