Protection of the Crate

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I have a 4 year old female bully I have had for about a year. Prior to me owning her she was a breeding dog. When I got her she was fine but had some potty issues so I got a crate for her but never really used it. Now, especially the last few months, if I move the crate she runs to wherever it is an she will sit in it and will not come out. She has also recently went and sat in there when it is just me and her at home.

I understand why she runs in it if people are over since it is usually just me and her. But I am not sure why she is doing this when it is just us and why she won't come out of her crate and runs to it if I move it.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not. If so, I don't know what exactly to do to help or correct it.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have a 4 year old female bully I have had for about a year. Prior to me owning her she was a breeding dog. When I got her she was fine but had some potty issues so I got a crate for her but never really used it. Now, especially the last few months, if I move the crate she runs to wherever it is an she will sit in it and will not come out. She has also recently went and sat in there when it is just me and her at home.

I understand why she runs in it if people are over since it is usually just me and her. But I am not sure why she is doing this when it is just us and why she won't come out of her crate and runs to it if I move it.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not. If so, I don't know what exactly to do to help or correct it.

It's probably just her 'safe place' - like her spot, and she likes it & doesn't want it messed with. Tyson throws a fit when I pick up his blankets & bedding to wash them. He'll run behind me the whole way to the washer, trying to grab his blanket. I'm guessing its just security, plus bullies don't care for changes too much, so if she's used to seeing her crate in the same place, I would leave it there for her. Doesn't sound bad at all. Their stubborn little bullies.... he also threw a fit when we rearranged our couches, as he lost his "usual spot" - he just pouted. So naturally, like the crazy I am, I moved them back. Then he went straight to his spot, and plopped down!

Welcome to EBN by the way, we'd love to see pics of Porky :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
It's probably just her 'safe place' - like her spot, and she likes it & doesn't want it messed with. Tyson throws a fit when I pick up his blankets & bedding to wash them. He'll run behind me the whole way to the washer, trying to grab his blanket. I'm guessing its just security, plus bullies don't care for changes too much, so if she's used to seeing her crate in the same place, I would leave it there for her. Doesn't sound bad at all. Their stubborn little bullies.... he also threw a fit when we rearranged our couches, as he lost his "usual spot" - he just pouted. So naturally, like the crazy I am, I moved them back. Then he went straight to his spot, and plopped down!

Welcome to EBN by the way, we'd love to see pics of Porky :)

yes common for bullies. There is a term for this being thrown around here all the time, hmmmn OCD.:whew:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree. It is probably making her feel insecure when her crate is moved. If she is going in it and sitting, she may just need to chill. Brutus does this sometimes, but the funny thing is, it is always Frankies crate and not his own.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with the others. These guys are funny when it comes to any changes in their routines or environment.
They are BOCD. (Bully OCD). Lol. They don't like things moved around or changed in any way.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online