C

christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
So you're telling me it's normal for him to clamp onto my clothes extremely hard and pull and growl and not let go? :mellow: uggggghhh. He was just being so good- now another spurt of chaos that cannot be controlled or redirected.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes that is absolutely normal and his way of being playful... Welcome to the bulldog life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So you're telling me it's normal for him to clamp onto my clothes extremely hard and pull and growl and not let go? :mellow: uggggghhh. He was just being so good- now another spurt of chaos that cannot be controlled or redirected.

100% yes. It's just as normal as it was for Bella to clamp down on my arm extremely hard and pull.

I remember sitting on the couch watching a 9-week-old Bella growl, while she clawed and aggressively chewed her portable crate. She was like a little demon puppy.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Penny, now 5 months, usually has one outburst of insanity a day. She was just like your puppy when we got her, she's also deaf, so we did a lot of redirecting, finger shaking, and mean muggin' lol when she was little now she's a major cuddler, and loves to snuggle under the covers at night :)

OP
C

christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
Thanks all! Glad to be a part of this forum! I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina

Ruckus used to grab onto the bottoms of pant legs when he was that age. I had to stop walking, remove him, and continue. It can be infuriating, but at 9 weeks old, he's like a 6 month old baby. They reach for anything they find interesting and since here puppies not humans they use their little sharky puppy teeth instead of chubby baby fingers. My little 9 month old niece will death grip my hair or my glasses because she thinks it's interesting -- it's the same situation. Babies are babies, human or dog.

He will eventually grow out of it. Puppies play rough and mouthy with their litter area and since they aren't around, he wants you to join in the fun. He'll also get cuddlier as he gets older and as you bond. Him going across the room to sleep could be because it's a cooler or quieter spot.

Good luck! Feel free to vent and ask for more advice, we all do it!

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Also be aware that when your bully is older that it may sound like the most vicious dog ever when playing tug of war with a toy. Barley sounds like he is out to rip my hand off but would never bite anyone. I love it, but some people think it is frightening and i have read that it shocks some new owners and concerns them.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Also be aware that when your bully is older that it may sound like the most vicious dog ever when playing tug of war with a toy. Barley sounds like he is out to rip my hand off but would never bite anyone. I love it, but some people think it is frightening and i have read that it shocks some new owners and concerns them.

I totally agree. Ruckus sounds like he's a brute when we play tug, but he wouldn't hurt a fly.

Martini12

Feb 25, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Martini
My Martini is 1 1/2 yrs and she just started withing the last 6 months with the biting. I tell you I can't even walk across the room and she latches onto my shoe or pants. When I go outside with her she jumps up and bites my belly and clothing, growling the whole time. I know she thinks the is just trying to play. It doesn't matter what we do she won't stop. My husband growls at her and she lays down, but hes not around all day and it doesn't work for me as well. I'm thinking some training classes might work. What do you think about maybe a playmate. Walking her doesn't seem to make a difference. Please let me know what you think. I have read the other posts and will take some of the advice. Somethings got to give..

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Barely had that out of his system by then. I had the best luck grabbing his lower jaw like a fish and holding on while telling him no. Then giving him a rooe toy. I have to supervise rope toy play because no matter what the brand he can destroy them.

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I want to add i only held on to his jaw. Obviously i didnt oick him up

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.