ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My great trainer Leah started an Advanced class on Tues nights, so I made the decision to put Wally in the class… Lol It's a small class which is great, but unfortunately 2 of the dogs have NEVER been around other doggies so it won't be much of a socialization class :( I REALLY don't understand why people do NOT socialize their dogs as puppies, and then wonder why their dogs can't get along w/other dogs as they get older?!! DUH…

Anyhoo… I told Leah that I'm WELL aware that Walter will probably be the WORST student in class, but I want to expose him to as much training as possible. There is a doberman, rottweiler and some type of spaniel in the class… I honestly enjoy watching the process of training, and Walter LOVES Leah… so if he finally picks up on a couple of things that will be well worth my time. The one thing that I LOVE about her is that she KNOWS her dog breeds… she doesn't push Walter too much. She understands bullies and their stubbornness/OCD tendencies and has a TON of patience.

We shall see how this goes… PLUS she's gonna help me get Walter on a skateboard ;) WOO HOO!!! Lol

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I bet you will stand corrected. Walter will be the best in Class and naturally graduate at the top of his class.:yes:

Go Walter, show them.:pray2:

Vader The Bully

Mar 20, 2015
Chino Hills, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Darth Vader
Ha that's SO FUN! We're gonna start Vader in a kindergarten class soon. It's an early obedience prep PLUS a ton of socialization with other different puppies his age! My wife really wants to continue with the training after kindergarten, even though we're both well aware that Vader may not want to cooperate quite as much!

Let me know how it all goes! Including the skateboard!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wally will be the star of the class and the smartest one out of all!!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great. He's a super smart boy and will be the star student!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
aw, that is so great!!! Go Walter!! He will outshine everyone.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Um....scuse me! We had Orion in Prekindergarten class where she got to play with puppies of all sizes. (for some reason she migrated to the yorkie puppies and wanted to terrorize them. They had them behind a safety barrier because they were so little) Then we put her in regular kindergarten classes AND started her in the basic obedience classes. (which she won best listener and best trick) Still......at 4 months old she got banned from daycare because of her ability to not get along with others. They said she wasn't aggressive, just dominant.

Some bullies were just made to rule a kingdom by themselves. (or at least I've been told)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sweet baby Orion is in a class all of her own!! I just love that girl. Getting kicked out of daycare still makes me giggle.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
That is great Tracey! I think bullies can do great in class. Winnie just finished her first series of manners classes. She did very well and would have done much better if I would have practiced with her more. I found it really hard to practice with Jack in the house always wanting to get in on the fun! Winnie's favorite part of class was whe the dogs were allowed off leash to play! My main goal was for her not to maul my toddler grandsons when they come to stay and I'm happy to say she is great with them now. That may be due to training, but probably just getting older and calmer was also a factor. Can't wait to hear about Wally's progress!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Great!! I love bullies in group classes. :) I think Bella and I are starting her intermediate doggie class tomorrow evening. I'm sure she'll be one of the youngest, at 6 months old. I just hope she's able to be calm around the other pups.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ha that's SO FUN! We're gonna start Vader in a kindergarten class soon. It's an early obedience prep PLUS a ton of socialization with other different puppies his age! My wife really wants to continue with the training after kindergarten, even though we're both well aware that Vader may not want to cooperate quite as much!

Let me know how it all goes! Including the skateboard!

Good LUCK w/Vader… puppy class is a GREAT start, let us know how he does!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Um....scuse me! We had Orion in Prekindergarten class where she got to play with puppies of all sizes. (for some reason she migrated to the yorkie puppies and wanted to terrorize them. They had them behind a safety barrier because they were so little) Then we put her in regular kindergarten classes AND started her in the basic obedience classes. (which she won best listener and best trick) Still......at 4 months old she got banned from daycare because of her ability to not get along with others. They said she wasn't aggressive, just dominant.

Some bullies were just made to rule a kingdom by themselves. (or at least I've been told)

Oh my goodness… BABY O!!! I still can't believe she got kicked out of daycare, she was just a BABY!!! :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

That is great Tracey! I think bullies can do great in class. Winnie just finished her first series of manners classes. She did very well and would have done much better if I would have practiced with her more. I found it really hard to practice with Jack in the house always wanting to get in on the fun! Winnie's favorite part of class was whe the dogs were allowed off leash to play! My main goal was for her not to maul my toddler grandsons when they come to stay and I'm happy to say she is great with them now. That may be due to training, but probably just getting older and calmer was also a factor. Can't wait to hear about Wally's progress!

Walter could seriously use a manners class… I will have to talk to Leah about that one… LMAO!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh my goodness… BABY O!!! I still can't believe she got kicked out of daycare,

When you met her did you get a sense of her strong personality? Or are you like everybody else and think that she's just a sweet adorable innocent little girl?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You guys are KILLING ME… LMAO!!!

Here is a PERFECT example of bully OCD'ness… last night he was learning on target. Basically she wants them to place their back paws (or bottom) on a paper plate, to get used to using their back feet for later training. GUESS WHO was nervous about stepping on the PLATE?!! I will have to use a frisbee… LMAO!!! OHHhhh it's gonna be a fun 6 weeks… :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online