cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I understand the reason why dogs will kick back their hind legs after potty but I've noticed for the last 2 weeks that Finn will walk around the backyard and kick back his legs when he doesn't potty. Is this his way of trying to attract the opposite sex, thru emitting his pheromones? I tried looking this up but could only find the kicking as it relates to going to the bathroom.

Curious if anyone can explain this...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:ponder: could be he is still spreading his scent does he normally potty around where he is kicking?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:ponder: could be he is still spreading his scent does he normally potty around where he is kicking?

he's kind of all over the place. Where I see him kicking seems random to me so no, not always around where he goes.
And he always looks so proud when he walks around kicking too. He'll look around as he does it, or looks at me if he sees I'm watching him! that little stinker :rolleyes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frank kicks when the neighbors dogs are out and he is acting like a tough guy. Maybe he is marking?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank kicks when the neighbors dogs are out and he is acting like a tough guy. Maybe he is marking?

that's funny b/c that's exactly how i would describe Finn...Mr. tough guy when does it. I think he must be marking too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I'd say he's strutting around, like a rooster!! Mr. BIG STUFF roos.jpg

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henny, it's hysterical, I swear he could sprout feather and be a peacock the way he kicks and struts. I can almost hear him saying "that's right, uh huh, this is my yard"! I bet it is the same with Mr. Finn!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
it is, [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]! In my un-expert opinion, my Finny has a Napolean complex b/c he's so much smaller than Tate. So, he over-compensates by being this bossy little trouble-maker (who i adore of course)!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it is, [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]! In my un-expert opinion, my Finny has a Napolean complex b/c he's so much smaller than Tate. So, he over-compensates by being this bossy little trouble-maker (who i adore of course)!

Lol, too cute!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I think he's marking. Ruckus learned this trick from a bulldog named Buddha in our neighborhood. He never did it until he met Buddha and now the two of them will play, hump, and have kicking matches. They love one a other though, so I'm not sure why it's such a competition between them.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie does it all the time, after pottying and just normally. I always assumed it's because she has little dog syndrome and needs everyone to know she's tough.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack only does this when the ground is wet or soft. Which of course males his feet muddy. I tell him hey, no digging and he usually stops right away.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online