Interactive toy - puzzle?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I've been thinking of getting some kind of interactive puzzle for Castor, but am not sure what type would work. Has anyone tested something like this wooden puzzle?

Can a bulldog pick up treats from a puzzle like this?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we've used the kong genius for a long time. It's a bowling pin type kong with X shaped slits for food to fall out when tipped or rolled over. When her treats/kibble were larger we cut the holes a bit bigger. Now that her treats are smaller, we use the other one that we didn't cut. Lola begs us to go downstairs for 'snackies' now. :)

p-269-0-13208820123877.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I used the Kong Wobbler with Banks... worked like a charm, but never tried the wooden puzzles

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I had something similar for Blue. Instead of pushing the puzzle pieces aside, he just turned the entire thing over and everything fell out. His way of problem solving.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for your feedback! We have one of those balls ball with holes for treats but Castor has never really been interested in it. The kong toys you recommend might be more interesting as it moves in a less predictable manner, so will look for them.

I have been hesitant as to whether Castor would be able to pick up the treats from a puzzle, but hearing about Blue's treatment of his puzzle makes me realize that his solution is perhaps a more likely bulldog scenario!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I used to have an orange ball about the size of a softball that you could put food or treats into and it had almost like an inverted hole that the food would fall out of. Mack was OBSESSED with it. We had to take it away bc he became aggressive with out pit bull over it. And also when the pit did manage to sneak some time with it she was able to tear little pieces of the rubber off...but I'm thinking about getting another one bc it's something to distract Mack when we leave bc he has separation anxiety, and Maya is locked up when we leave anyways...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=6215]Noyes27[/MENTION]
Thanks for your post - we actually ended up buying something called a Buster soft cube which works like the ball you describe, although it is shaped like a dice. Castor got it for his birthday last week and he's very interested in it.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Lots of good toys, stay away from the soft plastic or HARD plastic.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online