Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fighting Every Day

It's the same around here as far as reputations. Chumley is the nice one and Hershey is he mean one. When I walk them both hershey struggles and fights to break free to lunge at every passing car. He becomes an absolute lunatic when he sees a car, truck, lawn mower, or anything motorized. He also is very aggressive when meeting other dogs. If anyone remembers his first meeting with Chumley went terribly. Rick told me his wife had to sit in he car with hershey when they went to their only meetup in New Jersey. When Rosalie @brutus77 came by that one day for the charity mobile dog wash Hershey had to be brought inside. Yet when we're alone in the house he is fine. He will play/fight with Chumley and he is always the instigator. I wondered if it was more aggression than but compared to many videos I've seen of other bullies playing it doesn't appear to be...just a lot of rolling around on the ground but he does grab the folds on the side of Chumleys face and won't let go. I really don't like that but it's never broken skin and chum will roll over and always get out of it. I've never had to intercede but it does look more than playful to me. At night they sleep side by side, they eat together and can share chew toys but at least once a day there's a fight. I wonder if I'm deluding myself into thinking everything's okay. Hershey is a nut...but so far a harmless one.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Jim @Chumley, I think that is play. Brutus and Frankie play like that as well. When Brutus is no longer playing he will show teeth and give a kind of screaming bark/growl where he has never bite Frankie but he backs him up very aggressively. The problem that I had with the last fight that led to meds is Frankie who is normally very submissive had enough and went back at brutus. No good at all. Scariest moment ever. dining room chairs where flying to try to break them up. you will definitely know the difference between play and real.
    My smooshy face boy!

3. Likes Chumley liked this post
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    How could this innocent (looking), angelic-like-baby be such a bully?

Attachment 85410

People ask me the same thing!
    @brutus77
    You'd be surprised how many dogs are on Prozac. This might be something to consider for Orion.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

I have 2 females and the oldest had been an only dog for 4 yrs. so she wasn't too thrilled with us bringing home a pup but she tolerated her. She never picked the fight but the puppy would irritate her and not take correction. Even though the younger one Always got hurt she kept coming back for more. You'd think they would learn but I guess that's the stubbornness of the breed. We finally recognized the trigger was always the younger dog, a treat dropped onto the floor or if someone dangled a toy above the 2 dogs. Once we recognized the triggers we were able to intervene before a fight started or just as it was beginning. They never lasted long but we had trips to the vet with teeth being pulled out, punctured tongue, an an eyelid damaged.
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

6. Likes dolphin, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads