2 year old EB is disobedient and pees in the house!! I need help!!

Jade0508

Nov 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Woobie
Ok so this is my first time owning an EB, I've had him since he was a little over 6 weeks. As a puppy he did amazing with potty training but as he gets older the worse it is. I constantly take him outside, he gets praise I don't physically discipline him of he goes in the house. He just won't stop peeing everywhere. My house is smelling like urine and I am at my wits end. I've purchased sprays, Ive tried leash training, crate training everything. When I put him in his crate he just barks and barks and sometimes he barks so much he makes himself throw up. So I stopped doing that. He is disobedient and very aggressive. He steals everyone's things I means you can't drop something in the floor for longer than 5 seconds without him scooping it up and running away. When you try to take things from him he snaps at you and growls and acts really aggressive. He is the true definition of a BULLY! He knows better is the problem he comes up to you when he steals your thing and places his head on your knee and when you reach for what he has he jerks away like it's a game. He gets to go bye bye he has a lot of attention so im just confused as to what I'm doing wrong. Someone please help :((((

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Has your bully ever gotten formal training? Sounds like he may need some professional training.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yep, I's call in a professional that is BULLY experienced!

At 2 y/o he's still not fully mature and sounds like he's taking over
as pack leader, that should be YOUR position and all people in your
household.

Is he neutered? Has he been vet checked for urine/kidney issues?

What food are you feeding?

OP
Jade0508

Jade0508

Nov 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Woobie
Yep, I's call in a professional that is BULLY experienced!

At 2 y/o he's still not fully mature and sounds like he's taking over
as pack leader, that should be YOUR position and all people in your
household.

Is he neutered? Has he been vet checked for urine/kidney issues?

What food are you feeding?

Hes not neutered, and hea been to the vet quite a bit for check ups and whatnot. He has no kidney issues i feed him purina chicken and rice forumla which I asked the vet if that was a good dog food and she said it was. I've been researching different brands because I want to switch because I think it may be causing some skin allergies. He has this weird scabbed area on his neck/back area and I looked it up and it says it could be from his diet. I am making an appt with his vet next week for that reason

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
PURINA IS NOT GOOD FOOD FOR YOUR BULLY. I FEED ELMO FROMM HARD FOOD AND CANIDAE CANNED FOOD, ABOUT A TABLESPOON MIXED IN WITH HIS HARD FOOD. I ALSO GIVE ELMO COCONUT OIL, AND YOGURT AND A NUVET PLUS TABLET ONCE A DAY. ELMO ALSO GETS VEG. GREEN BEANS AND CARROTS.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Start using this easy to follow training technique.... every human in the house has to use it and be consistent. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ioral/33985-life-free-training-technique.html

Sign him up for structure training -- it seems he is lacking any schedule or structure which Bulldogs NEED. All dogs regardless of breed will need training reinforcement at around 10-12 months (toddler phase) of age and MAYBE again at age of 2 (hormones - teenager phase). Once her knows his limits and boundaries and has the structure, he will settle in. Can be a long road, but consistency by all in the home is key

Good Luck,..... keep us posted and I agree with others, Purina is so not a good food! Vets really do not know much on nutrition, they are focused on the medical piece they do not keep up with the best foods and tend to push only what they know (hills science diet, purine, royal canin)

OP
Jade0508

Jade0508

Nov 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Woobie
Thank you for all of the advice I will definitely take it all into consideration. I had no idea about the Purina, I've been told it's a good brand but I will definitely be changing foods. Will that upset his tummy or bother him in any way?

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Go slow when changing foods and he should be fine. Gradually switch..add in the new food 1/4 cup at a time over several weeks.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for all of the advice I will definitely take it all into consideration. I had no idea about the Purina, I've been told it's a good brand but I will definitely be changing foods. Will that upset his tummy or bother him in any way?

Read up on grain free kibble and I'd switch the chicken as source of protein.

Fromms has grain free now, there are others, I feed TOTW (Taste of the Wild),
Bison & Venison, it's a bit cheaper if cost is an issue, like for me :)

Let us know how he does.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.