So proud of Winnie!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, I just have to tell y'all how proud I am of my girl. Some of y'all probably remember what a naughty puppy Winnie was--such a terrible biter and absolutely terrible with my grand babies! Not mean, just way too rough, jumping on them, bulldozing over them. The last couple times I've kept them overnite, I have boarded her because it's just too stressful! Anyway, I kept one, George on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and tried to take Winnie to board, but they were full for spring break when I called. I'm so glad they were full, because Winnie did great with George once she calmed down. Here's a pic:
image.jpg
I am really relieved! She just calmly followed him around. The only time he fussed was when she got in his way. But she was very gentle. I don't know if her manners class is helping her behavior or if she has just matured since she saw them last. Yay Winnie! Good girl!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yeayyyy Winnie!!!! That is wonderful news. Also, the most you expose her to the children, and she learns to be gentle, the better she'll get. Give her lots of rewards, and love and praise for being a good baby! Your grandson is such a cutie, and it looks like he loves Winnie too! No more boarding for Winnie (crossing fingers)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love the picture! Two cute kids-and Winnie sharing her bed with George!!! Love it!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yay Winnie!! I think once she gets over the initial excitement of having visitors, she will continue to be great. Frankie does this to us. He gets so excited that new people are in the house he jumps and bulldozes innocent, unsuspecting people!! lol I have found leashing him before anyone comes into the house helps. He has to sit and wait for all to be in the house and then I allow him to go and greet everyone calmly. On the leash I can correct any behavior that I don't like. after he has said his hellos I unleash him and he goes about his business without any jumping or craziness.

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Yay Winnie!! I think once she gets over the initial excitement of having visitors, she will continue to be great. Frankie does this to us. He gets so excited that new people are in the house he jumps and bulldozes innocent, unsuspecting people!! lol I have found leashing him before anyone comes into the house helps. He has to sit and wait for all to be in the house and then I allow him to go and greet everyone calmly. On the leash I can correct any behavior that I don't like. after he has said his hellos I unleash him and he goes about his business without any jumping or craziness.

That is what I'm hoping for with Winnie. At her next manners class we're going to work on greeting people nicely. She's doing great at her classes--we just need to overcome the initial excitement as it's over the top! I had an older lady come over not long ago and Winnie jumped all over her, got her leg caught in the lady's purse handle and nearly pulled her over! It's funny now, but not so funny at the time. My friend has wild dogs too, so at least she had a sense of humor about it.

I also kept a harness on Winnie so that I could easily grab her if she got out of line. I love this little girl more every day!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
That is what I'm hoping for with Winnie. At her next manners class we're going to work on greeting people nicely. She's doing great at her classes--we just need to overcome the initial excitement as it's over the top! I had an older lady come over not long ago and Winnie jumped all over her, got her leg caught in the lady's purse handle and nearly pulled her over! It's funny now, but not so funny at the time. My friend has wild dogs too, so at least she had a sense of humor about it.

I also kept a harness on Winnie so that I could easily grab her if she got out of line. I love this little girl more every day!
This is what happens, they creep into your heart more and more each day until you feel like your going to burst.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AWESOME!! great photo too

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION]...How old is Winnie??? She is a cutie pie ♡♡♡

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie is 9 months old. I'm so pleased with the way she's maturing--she's the absolute sweetest, most affectionate girl! For a while when she was a puppy, I thought she was a sociopathic dog! lol She bit us constantly and was so hard to housebreak. She doesn't bite at all anymore and she's housebroken and she is so lovable. Still needs work in a couple of areas, but she's doing great.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Winnie is 9 months old. I'm so pleased with the way she's maturing--she's the absolute sweetest, most affectionate girl! For a while when she was a puppy, I thought she was a sociopathic dog! lol She bit us constantly and was so hard to housebreak. She doesn't bite at all anymore and she's housebroken and she is so lovable. Still needs work in a couple of areas, but she's doing great.

Thats so wonderful Donna! Can you trust Winnie alone in the house? As you know, our girls are similar. I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to let Bella stay alone uncrated.

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Thats so wonderful Donna! Can you trust Winnie alone in the house? As you know, our girls are similar. I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to let Bella stay alone uncrated.

I haven't left Winnie out in the house yet, I think it will be a while before I do. I don't quite trust my other dog, Jack, either. He was adopted last August and, though he's getting a lot better, he gets upset when I leave. So for now, I crate both of them when Roy and I leave the house. My husband and I are home full time, so usually one or both of us are home with them.

By the time my other 3 bullies were about a year old, I was able to leave them out with the run of the house. I also had two other dogs (boxers) at the same time as each of those bullies, so they had company and the boxers didn't run around tearing stuff up. Maybe the boxers were good examples! But basically my other bullies slept most of the time when I was gone (as far as I know), and I was working then.

Winnie is 9 months now, so I'll probably try her when she's a year old. I think she'll probably be fine by then (I hope!).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.