Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So proud of Winnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Winnie is 9 months old. I'm so pleased with the way she's maturing--she's the absolute sweetest, most affectionate girl! For a while when she was a puppy, I thought she was a sociopathic dog! lol She bit us constantly and was so hard to housebreak. She doesn't bite at all anymore and she's housebroken and she is so lovable. Still needs work in a couple of areas, but she's doing great.
    Thats so wonderful Donna! Can you trust Winnie alone in the house? As you know, our girls are similar. I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to let Bella stay alone uncrated.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    Thats so wonderful Donna! Can you trust Winnie alone in the house? As you know, our girls are similar. I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to let Bella stay alone uncrated.
    I haven't left Winnie out in the house yet, I think it will be a while before I do. I don't quite trust my other dog, Jack, either. He was adopted last August and, though he's getting a lot better, he gets upset when I leave. So for now, I crate both of them when Roy and I leave the house. My husband and I are home full time, so usually one or both of us are home with them.

By the time my other 3 bullies were about a year old, I was able to leave them out with the run of the house. I also had two other dogs (boxers) at the same time as each of those bullies, so they had company and the boxers didn't run around tearing stuff up. Maybe the boxers were good examples! But basically my other bullies slept most of the time when I was gone (as far as I know), and I was working then.

Winnie is 9 months now, so I'll probably try her when she's a year old. I think she'll probably be fine by then (I hope!).

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Ok, thanks! I'm hoping for the best for both of our bully girls.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads