xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Glad to see improvements! This was the first I read this thread and I was even stumped on advice. But def keep us posted to see if it's truly made an affect on her! But yes, that does seem 100% accurate. A puppy crate needs to be ONLY big enough for them to turn around, not any bigger as well... that will happen. We had Jovi in a very small crate up until literally she could not fit into it, and got a big one with a divider and she has never had an accident in the crate. Glad to see it's working!

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Well I spoke too soon. She was crated this evening for 2 hours and pooped and peed :chapped: I love this girl but she's driving me crazy with this!

cbsmommy

Feb 2, 2015
Orange County, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Missy and Oso
Hi there! Crate stress maybe? If you believe its a behavioral issue with her I would suggest positive conditioning. :boogie: make her believe that her crate is her den or a "safe zone" animals naturally wouldn't do their dirty business inside their homes.
Even when you're home encourage her to be in her crate and teaching her a few things at the same time. Llure her with toys, tell her to "sit" then "down", close the door and give her a treat (with a lot of positive reinforcement and sound overly excited to get them excited too lol) leave her there for a few minutes at a time and make it longer each time. You can be teaching her inside, sit, down and stay" at the same time and hopefully not potty! Get her used to learning that being in the crate is a good thing. when you're watching tv tell her to "stay" and leave the door open and when she gets out let her roam for a bit and tell her to go back inside.

I have 2 bullies and one medium size crate ... whenever they get in trouble or get too rowdy inside the house i tell them "go time out" and they'll race each other there lol. ! This can definitely be fixed with time and repetition Don't give up!

Members online

No members online now.