Archie is very regular, but ...

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
So since we've switched to Natures Logic food, Archie is doing so well. His poop has firmed up and he goes only twice a day, the problem is the time that he goes. The first time is late morning/early afternoon & that's not a problem. The second time is between 3:30 & 4 am every night, like clockwork. Can't say he isn't regular, but man is it rough waking up every night in the middle of the night to let him out - especially with the arctic blast we've got going on in Pa. right now. My husband thought maybe we should try feeding him dinner earlier to see if that helps. Think that will do the trick or does anyone have any other suggestions?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie did this for a bit. We would try to wait a few minutes longer each night to let him out. Obviously you can't wait too long but eventually it got to a point where he did not get up anymore and went potty in the morning.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Does Archie wake you up to go out at 3:30-4:00am? how about delaying his pm meal by 1-2 hours, maybe this will help him delay the early morning BM a little as well.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
If you are wanting him to hold it longer, like until morning, I would feed later, not earlier.

OP
amdeemer

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Feeding him later makes sense. He typically is fed around 5, but sometimes doesn't finish until 6 or 7. He sleeps in our bed & he jumps down around 3:30 ish in the morning & goes over to the bedroom door & hits it with his nose. When I take him downstairs he goes out & is super efficient. He's outside for 2-3 min. max & he goes right back to sleep.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does Archie wake you up to go out at 3:30-4:00am? how about delaying his pm meal by 1-2 hours, maybe this will help him delay the early morning BM a little as well.

agreed!

maxsmom

Feb 8, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Max was doing the same for a while. We now take him out for a late walk around 930-10 and he seems to let me sleep longer and can't wait until after 6 am. Much easier on a workday! Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.