Staring at me...

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
The past two mornings I've woken up with Penny staring at me about a foot from my face. When I open my eyes she turns her head like, "Ahw, mom! Go back to sleep!" I just want to make sure she isn't like sizing me up to eat me or anything? She has also started to look at my husband and I right in the eyes, just staring at us. I know that's a sign of dominance, but she's deaf, and watches faces more for cues, I've came to notice. Is this "normal" haha! It's sort of creepy....

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
She's waiting for you to get up and feed her I bet. If I am 5 mins off from our normal routine, Taco is in my face making "huffing" sounds till I get up and grab him breakfast.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she may have to go potty

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She sounds like she's just waiting for you to wake up, I don't think she plans on eating you... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13438]CrazyDogMom[/MENTION] Your girl is deaf, and she will be much more observant-watching things,since she can not rely on her hearing as others would. She will depend on sight and vibration.

ArJay84

Jul 22, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
When I was in high school, our pit mix would do that. I'd wake up to seeing this face just intensely staring at me. As soon as I'd sit up, she'd run around in circles and want to go for a walk. It's creepy, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter sits in my home office and stares at me right in the face from wherever he is, for hours on end.

<----------------------------------- Exactly like this.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online