Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Were so proud of Molly ! She is 3 months and going to the door when she has to potty. She sits lays down and then will roll over ! On walks she sits when cars pass! I'm working on shake but she is still teething and its not going well any suggestions?

I was never able to teach shake. Bella always tried to eat my hand when I tried to teach it, so I gave up.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Weesie says time to get into you apartments and in they go. I say Who want to take a bath and they run into the bathroom. That's pretty much it

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I'm horse laughing reading some of the replies! It's so funny that Penny "listens" better than the other two. We were just outside, I opened the door to the screened in porch and BAM out the door! I wave my hands and Penny stops, give her the come hand command and she comes back and sits beside me. As I'm screaming like a crazy lady at Jackson and Angel Jackson comes back and sits with Penny and Angel runs across the road, on to the neighbors porch and sits there looking at me. Angel is my husband's puppy BY FAR and refuses to do anything for me but bite my nose, and eat my hair, she's such a turd...

stellasmom88

Feb 1, 2015
Western New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
You teach "watch me" by saying the command while holding a treat between your eyes. When the pup makes eye contact with you (not looking at the treat or above/below your eyes), you give the treat. Bella is great when I have the treat at my eyes, but now we're supposed to remove the treat (put it behind our back) and the dog should keep looking at our eyes. This is where it gets tricky. LOL! It's not so easy with a food-driven, smart English Bulldog.

Any tips on how to get a deaf dog to learn "look at me"? Stella's sister Dixie is deaf so we have been teaching all the pups sign language for the basic commands but Dixie quickly learned if she's not looking she can't hear me.

As for Stella I'm afraid she learned too quick. When I have a treat she quickly sits, waves her paw to shake and lays down so fast there's a thud.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Any tips on how to get a deaf dog to learn "look at me"? Stella's sister Dixie is deaf so we have been teaching all the pups sign language for the basic commands but Dixie quickly learned if she's not looking she can't hear me.

As for Stella I'm afraid she learned too quick. When I have a treat she quickly sits, waves her paw to shake and lays down so fast there's a thud.

Oh my gosh, your Stella sounds like my Bella! LOL! Bella drops to the ground/collapses when it's dinner time. That's her way of obeying the "lay" command.

I'm not sure about your deaf baby. I hope someone can help.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Sit, paw, other paw, lay down , wait and rollover. Though rollover is really just him allowing me to roll him bc he can't do it without getting stuck on his back like a turtle lol

Oh and be nice, when taking treats lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bully602

Sep 8, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo/Cheena/Chevy
so far only have taught my 1 year old male Chapo tricks, he knows sit, down(which is lay down) rollover which is hilarious cause he has to try a few times before he can build enough momentum to roll his fat body over and high five, if there are any distractions though he pretends like he doesn't understand anythign and is too focused on "insert shiny thing here" to remember he knows anything, BUT if he is distracted and i pull out a treat he immediately turns into super dog 5000 and follows commands perfectly. There are also times where he wants the treat so bad that if im holding it in my hand and i say "SIT" he will IN ONE MOTION do a high five, sit, lay down and roll over in a desperate attempt to please me and get a damn treat lol

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
so far only have taught my 1 year old male Chapo tricks, he knows sit, down(which is lay down) rollover which is hilarious cause he has to try a few times before he can build enough momentum to roll his fat body over and high five, if there are any distractions though he pretends like he doesn't understand anythign and is too focused on "insert shiny thing here" to remember he knows anything, BUT if he is distracted and i pull out a treat he immediately turns into super dog 5000 and follows commands perfectly. There are also times where he wants the treat so bad that if im holding it in my hand and i say "SIT" he will IN ONE MOTION do a high five, sit, lay down and roll over in a desperate attempt to please me and get a damn treat lol

LMAO!!!! Gotta love these crazy dogs!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My girls are straight up thug girls; they do know commands such as: get your baby, come, sit, stay, go laydown, dinner, lets go, and they understand more than they are willing to let me know. Now, I say they are thug girls because they do exactly as they please and obey when they decide its to their best interest. They have to get something or you get......nothing....notta!! :w00t: Amber gives hugs so she can get butt scratches but Ruby isn't hearing that; she just demands butt scratches. Oh yeah,,,,,,they are great teachers too......they taught Ralph, the Great Dane how to get up on the diningroom table and look out the window. No pictures of that one yet but I came home and my daughter had the electric blinds up and Ralph was in the middle of the table looking out the window, Amber had her place in a chair and Ruby also had a chair. Busy, Busy Busy!!!!

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Hank doesn't do anything special for treats. He's not treat trained. He gets praise and pets.
He knows sit, down, come,stay, heel on a leash,and wait. He also knows crate, go to our bed and "bully up". Bully up means get up on the bed, couch or in the car. If offered a treat, he is expected to sit with his butt on the ground calmly and still before he can have the treat and take it nicely or no treat.

Tank knows sit, down, speak,shake and crawl. You can also request he speak louder or sometimes quieter. He also gives kisses if you ask nicely. He will do most of these without a treat most of the time. He won't crawl without that treat though

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.