Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Isn't it funny when you give a command and they just stare at you? Just defiant disobedience. LOL

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I found that as a pup, Leo would obey commands easily. He is really food motivated. Now that he's over a year old, he seems to go through a thought process of, should i really do this? B4 reluctantly doing it.

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
But he is able to perform sit, stay, lay down, roll over, high five with both hands, paw with both hands, give me 10, which is jump up with both paws, go
To bed, wait, ok commands to do things, take a bow, beg, still working on touch (come here) when he's outside,. He's easily distracted. Working on closing the door atm. I think thats all them.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy needs me to repeat the command 3x....
"Izzy seat! Izzyyyyy...seat! Seattttt!" - then she gets it.

Same thing with "Night, night" (while pointing to her crate).
"Izzy - Night, night! Izzyyyyy... night, night! NIGHT NIGHT!"

:D

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
nu4umaga.jpgTHIS
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/nu4umaga.jpg

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Weesie and the boys have their own language. She can say time to go to work and they run straight into their apartments. So far the only thing that works for me is Stare.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo knows High Five, Sit, Stay. When I say do you want a cookie, he runs to the kitchen counter and looks up at his bag of cookies. Elmo knows the word outside, he will go to the doggie door. When I say let me wipe your chin he will come to me and hold up his head.

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
Kira is 4.5 months old now and I take things slow with her, incorporating her 'a minute here a minute there' training "sessions" into our daily walks and play. That being said, with things she already knows I do have high expectations as far as consistency and she knows it and does well. So far she does recall off-leash (with ANY sort of distraction, be it another dog or something else interesting) with 100% consistency. She does "sit" off-leash on a distance (while she is on the move, I tell her "sit" and she is expected to sit her cute butt down immediately and remain in this position till I whether give her another command or release her with command "free". She does "down" off-leash but when she is close to me (she is not ready for me to try it from a distance). When doing command "down", much like with "sit" she is expected to remain down till I give her another command or release her "free". I could move away or around her and she is expected to remain in the "sit" or "down" position which she does fairly consistently by now even in presence of another dog. When I recall she is expected to sit right in front of me then sometimes I follow up with "heel" and she is adjusting to be by my left leg. I touched on "heel" itself VERY briefly, just to give her a slight idea of what it is for now. She knows "NO" (when she tries to pick something from the ground, for example) and she does it consistently. That's it for now :)

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
In puppy class last night, we learned the "Give" command and how to "wait at the door." These are both important, I think. I'm going to work hard on getting Bella to learn them.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Sometimes I wonder if I don't clean my bulldogs ears properly cos it's like they can't even hear me:blush2: but if I open the fridge Joey will wake up from her bear sleep no matter where she is:fie:. My three don't really know any tricks, but they are great at daily routine tasks, I think they know what I'm talking about, they just don't care if they're not up for it...

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
*sigh*

Bella is good at "Wait at the door" when we're at home. But, she is most definitely NOT good at it when we're walking into the vet's office for doggie day care. This morning, I spent 2 or 3 minutes opening and closing the front door of the vet's office. I put Bella in a sit/stay and she is supposed to stay even though I open the door and walk through. Well, she kept getting up every time I opened the vet's door! I have to close it when she gets up. I really want her to get this, so I kept doing it...even though it was kinda embarrassing, considering the office staff was looking at us. I guess we'll just keep at it. :eek:

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Were so proud of Molly ! She is 3 months and going to the door when she has to potty. She sits lays down and then will roll over ! On walks she sits when cars pass! I'm working on shake but she is still teething and its not going well any suggestions?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.