Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
In our puppy class, we've learned a handful of commands so far:

"Watch me"
"Come"
"Sit" / "Stay"
"Wait"
"Lay"

We're also learning how to walk pretty ("Heel").

Bella the Genius Dog is great at most of the commands. "Watch me" is challenging. She does it sometimes, but it's getting to be hit or miss. While it's a great command and I'd love for her to master it, I can't help but wonder if some commands just don't sink in. Is it OK to let some commands fall to the wayside? Will my pup and I be puppy class failures if we don't master every command? :D

She's super great at "Wait" and "Sit" / "Stay". Last night, I was so proud during class. Bella and I got up to show what we've learned and she performed marvelously!

Go Bella Go! :cool:

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
You teach "watch me" by saying the command while holding a treat between your eyes. When the pup makes eye contact with you (not looking at the treat or above/below your eyes), you give the treat. Bella is great when I have the treat at my eyes, but now we're supposed to remove the treat (put it behind our back) and the dog should keep looking at our eyes. This is where it gets tricky. LOL! It's not so easy with a food-driven, smart English Bulldog.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella knows treat, hungry, ride to the store, all the fun stuff but when it comes time the take a bath or something like that she acts like she does not hear us lol

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella knows treat, hungry, ride to the store, all the fun stuff but when it comes time the take a bath or something like that she acts like she does not hear us lol

LOL! I love how she knows all of the food-related commands. LOL! So funny!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozer and Blossom are the same when it comes to food, they know treats, cookies, breakfast or dinner time, they know come but come only when they feel like it lol, they know sit, but don't listen when it comes to stay, especially if something that piques their interest comes along like a person, dog, cat, squirrel, or food, they know wheres your ball, or go get your ball, and they know lay down, they also know walkies, go outside or pee pee, and they go absolutely crazy if you say do you want to go in the car.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Lola and Floyd are currently in a puppy class as well. The both know sit, focus ( that is our term for watch me ) breakfast, lunch, dinner, treat, ice cube. Lola can shake a paw and high five. Floyd knows drop it and leave it. They are both hit and miss with stay and come and both completly refuse to learn the command for lay down. It is definitely a work in progress.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue knows quite a few. Problem is he doesn't listen unless I'm holding something he wants.

Wellie's better and will listen when I say sit and leave it (usually).

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I wish I could've seen sweet Bella perform in her class! Winnie knows "sit" and "get in bed" and "get in the crate." She knows "come" but she only does it if I bribe her with a treat. Is "NO!" a command? Ha ha--she knows what that means but she doesn't obey that one! She knows "hurry, hurry" which means go potty. And she knows "let's wipe Winnie's bottom" which we do twice a day and she gets cheese. She hates her bottom being wiped, but she loves the cheese! Winnie needs to go to school!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I wish I could've seen sweet Bella perform in her class! Winnie knows "sit" and "get in bed" and "get in the crate." She knows "come" but she only does it if I bribe her with a treat. Is "NO!" a command? Ha ha--she knows what that means but she doesn't obey that one! She knows "hurry, hurry" which means go potty. And she knows "let's wipe Winnie's bottom" which we do twice a day and she gets cheese. She hates her bottom being wiped, but she loves the cheese! Winnie needs to go to school!

It is in my house!! LOL!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.