I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What commands does your bully know? What commands do they obey? lol

Elmo knows High Five, Sit, Stay. When I say do you want a cookie, he runs to the kitchen counter and looks up at his bag of cookies. Elmo knows the word outside, he will go to the doggie door. When I say let me wipe your chin he will come to me and hold up his head.

2. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Country
    Boulder, Colorado, USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kira
    Likes (Received)

Kira is 4.5 months old now and I take things slow with her, incorporating her 'a minute here a minute there' training "sessions" into our daily walks and play. That being said, with things she already knows I do have high expectations as far as consistency and she knows it and does well. So far she does recall off-leash (with ANY sort of distraction, be it another dog or something else interesting) with 100% consistency. She does "sit" off-leash on a distance (while she is on the move, I tell her "sit" and she is expected to sit her cute butt down immediately and remain in this position till I whether give her another command or release her with command "free". She does "down" off-leash but when she is close to me (she is not ready for me to try it from a distance). When doing command "down", much like with "sit" she is expected to remain down till I give her another command or release her "free". I could move away or around her and she is expected to remain in the "sit" or "down" position which she does fairly consistently by now even in presence of another dog. When I recall she is expected to sit right in front of me then sometimes I follow up with "heel" and she is adjusting to be by my left leg. I touched on "heel" itself VERY briefly, just to give her a slight idea of what it is for now. She knows "NO" (when she tries to pick something from the ground, for example) and she does it consistently. That's it for now

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

In puppy class last night, we learned the "Give" command and how to "wait at the door." These are both important, I think. I'm going to work hard on getting Bella to learn them.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes I wonder if I don't clean my bulldogs ears properly cos it's like they can't even hear me but if I open the fridge Joey will wake up from her bear sleep no matter where she is. My three don't really know any tricks, but they are great at daily routine tasks, I think they know what I'm talking about, they just don't care if they're not up for it...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

6. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

*sigh*

Bella is good at "Wait at the door" when we're at home. But, she is most definitely NOT good at it when we're walking into the vet's office for doggie day care. This morning, I spent 2 or 3 minutes opening and closing the front door of the vet's office. I put Bella in a sit/stay and she is supposed to stay even though I open the door and walk through. Well, she kept getting up every time I opened the vet's door! I have to close it when she gets up. I really want her to get this, so I kept doing it...even though it was kinda embarrassing, considering the office staff was looking at us. I guess we'll just keep at it.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)

Were so proud of Molly ! She is 3 months and going to the door when she has to potty. She sits lays down and then will roll over ! On walks she sits when cars pass! I'm working on shake but she is still teething and its not going well any suggestions?

Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Seline Weiskopff View Post
    Were so proud of Molly ! She is 3 months and going to the door when she has to potty. She sits lays down and then will roll over ! On walks she sits when cars pass! I'm working on shake but she is still teething and its not going well any suggestions?

I was never able to teach shake. Bella always tried to eat my hand when I tried to teach it, so I gave up.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

10. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Weesie says time to get into you apartments and in they go. I say Who want to take a bath and they run into the bathroom. That's pretty much it

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

I'm horse laughing reading some of the replies! It's so funny that Penny "listens" better than the other two. We were just outside, I opened the door to the screened in porch and BAM out the door! I wave my hands and Penny stops, give her the come hand command and she comes back and sits beside me. As I'm screaming like a crazy lady at Jackson and Angel Jackson comes back and sits with Penny and Angel runs across the road, on to the neighbors porch and sits there looking at me. Angel is my husband's puppy BY FAR and refuses to do anything for me but bite my nose, and eat my hair, she's such a turd...

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
    You teach "watch me" by saying the command while holding a treat between your eyes. When the pup makes eye contact with you (not looking at the treat or above/below your eyes), you give the treat. Bella is great when I have the treat at my eyes, but now we're supposed to remove the treat (put it behind our back) and the dog should keep looking at our eyes. This is where it gets tricky. LOL! It's not so easy with a food-driven, smart English Bulldog.

Any tips on how to get a deaf dog to learn "look at me"? Stella's sister Dixie is deaf so we have been teaching all the pups sign language for the basic commands but Dixie quickly learned if she's not looking she can't hear me.

As for Stella I'm afraid she learned too quick. When I have a treat she quickly sits, waves her paw to shake and lays down so fast there's a thud.
    Who rescued who?

Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stellasmom88 View Post
    Any tips on how to get a deaf dog to learn "look at me"? Stella's sister Dixie is deaf so we have been teaching all the pups sign language for the basic commands but Dixie quickly learned if she's not looking she can't hear me.

As for Stella I'm afraid she learned too quick. When I have a treat she quickly sits, waves her paw to shake and lays down so fast there's a thud.

Oh my gosh, your Stella sounds like my Bella! LOL! Bella drops to the ground/collapses when it's dinner time. That's her way of obeying the "lay" command.

I'm not sure about your deaf baby. I hope someone can help.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

The look on Stella's face when she realizes she did all that for praise and kisses is priceless.
    Who rescued who?

16. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads