Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Hey Friends!
Brad and I just bought a new home. We are wondering if you have any tips for introducing our favorite squishy baby to his new space??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome.... congrats and best of luck!

What we did with Banks was came to the house the night before we moved in, it was all empty and then just let her roam around with some of her toys. We watched her close and just let her run around getting to sniff every crack and corner

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Liz, congratulations. How exciting. You will have to post some pics of your new house. When do you move?
I agree with Christine, we did the same thing, we picked up the keys from the lawyer, the day before our move, and that
evening we brought all the pets to the new house, settled them in, let the dogs and the cat explore, and my friend and I slept at the new house. Good luck.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Congratulations on the new house! where you guys moving? We still need to have a bully play date!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Congratulations, and best for you in your new home! I remember how exciting it was to buy a new home and move in(well not the truck loading so much...)Just bring Bo with you when you go after closing! My critters never minded, as long as they were with us!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Congrats on your new home!

I have no idea how to get them used to it. I know Blue is usually scared to death of any place new.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Martha Stewart said when moving into a new home to allow the pet to urinate just a bit in each room so there is a familiar scent in the entire house. From that point on they will always feel at home.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
just for the record..I was kidding. Martha Stewart never said that. :no:

it was in Better Homes and Gardens.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
No, no [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], it was Martha Stupid who suggested it, and it was in a mag. called Not So Great Ideas you just got CORNfused!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
congrats on the new place!!!! hope everyone settles in and loves it!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have moved a couple times with our bullies and they have always done fine with the new place. The last house we moved into had hardwood flooring and BeBe didn't like it at first, but got used to it after a few weeks. They are happy just to be with us where ever we go.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations on your new home!!! We moved w/Bella & Roxie and they seemed fine w/the new digs… Lol

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Martha Stewart said when moving into a new home to allow the pet to urinate just a bit in each room so there is a familiar scent in the entire house. From that point on they will always feel at home.

Omg!!! I read this and was like no freaking way!!!! Sorry it took so long for me to get back and give an update!! We moved on the 6th and have just been crazy busy, as you can imagine! Bo has been doing good. No accidents, which is what I was worried about :) he is usually a big scaredy cat and his staying true to that. He will not go down the basement stairs. He is ok with the other two sets of outside ones. In fact, he cries of the basement door is opened, lol. https://vimeo.com/119504165

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.