Greedy eating

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
Is it normal that my puppy of 6 half month is very greedy with his food is this normal �� will he grow out of it ��

Last edited:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
If by "greedy" you mean he eats all his food really fast, I would say that's very normal. I've had four Bulldogs thru the years and mine have all eaten like that. They also have run over to my other dogs' bowls to gobble up their food the second they are through eating. I have never been able to stop any of my bullies from doing that, so I always feed them in a separate place from the other dogs. I'm still feeding Winnie in her crate. So, greedy is normal at my house!:yes:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson is 8 yrs old & greedy as hell, and he has always devoured his food the second I put it down. I think bullies are greedy period. With everything, toys, food, owners. LOL I think its completely normal, as long as he's not vomiting afterwards from eating too fast! Then I would do a slow feeder bowl :)

OP
Violet

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
Are thankyou just thought maybe it would cause problems eating too quickly really :)

OP
Violet

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
Yea may try the slow feeder bowls someone did adviced me to look a getting one to try :mellow:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mine belong to the "greedy eaters" club too! I place one of those slow-feed-balls into their food bowls which slightly helps them slow down on the gobbling.

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Hi i got buster a stainless steel slow feeder from Amazon its slowed him down a little :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
yes they go through food like it is their last meal and they are scheduled to be executed next. That is A OK. We want our dogs to have very good appetite not a picky one. As one member said, so long as he is not throwing up, then all is good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl was 9 yrs old and still did that.... always ate like it was the first time she had food in weeks

OP
Violet

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
Thanks guys a wont worry so much now :yes::yes::yes:

OP
Violet

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
We're these very exspensive or quite reasonable :)

OP
Violet

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
Will check these out thanks hun

peteyrulz

Sep 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey
Petey eats really fast too. (he loves Fromm's Beef Frittata) He weighs about 55 lbs and he's 9 years young. I give him a cup in the morning
and evening, with Tbs of Greek yogurt or pumpkin mixed in at his evening meal. He's still hungry! Poor thing I feel like I'm starving him!
He's healthy and happy so I guess all is good? He certainly doesn't appear thin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.