Aggression towards dogs

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I have a 4 year old female bulldog. I have had her for about 5 months. She is my only dog and I have 2 cats. The dog and cats get along just fine. Prior to me getting her, she lived with multiple other bulldogs and was bred. I have noticed that if another dog, particularly my parent's dog that my dog has met and been fine with other times, comes to my house my dog tends to get dominate and runs up to the dog in an aggressive manner. Particularly, today she ran up to my mom's dog when she went over to let her out. She growled and she did stop when yelled at. This may be unrelated but Monday night she peed on the couch. She has had issues going potty inside before, but never on furniture. She goes outside plenty and she has always come and got me if she needed out in the middle of the night.

I don't want her to be aggressive towards dogs or others and I don't know if the peeing is a behavior issue related. Any thoughts?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she is getting comfortable in her new home and starting to take ownership..... go back to basics with her, 'Nothing in life is Free' and be sure ALL dogs are introduced to her outside of the home and then walked into the house one at a time (her first after the humans). also, keep her on lead if need be so you can easy grab her leash and correct if necessary

sometimes it take a few weeks/months for them to settle in and show some of their personality

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ioral/33985-life-free-training-technique.html

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online