General Question Tether Tug

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... that is awesome... Banks would have loved that thing! have to keep this in mind when Lambeau gets older, see if tug is his thing -- it is right now, but anything to chew on is his thing right now too

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OMG... that is awesome... Banks would have loved that thing! have to keep this in mind when Lambeau gets older, see if tug is his thing -- it is right now, but anything to chew on is his thing right now too

Brian and i talked about making our own tether ball for them(we love to play too...nerd alert). I just ran across this. I watched the videos but i'm going to need to see some with bullies. My two are relentless and will destroy in a matter of mins.
He can come to my house and chew on anything here lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Brian and i talked about making our own tether ball for them(we love to play too...nerd alert). I just ran across this. I watched the videos but i'm going to need to see some with bullies. My two are relentless and will destroy in a matter of mins.
He can come to my house and chew on anything here lol.

This list for Lambeau baby-sitters keeps growing,... i can ship him off till he is 8 months old and be through all the tough stuff :D Heck, Cheli's skin will love it too

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
thanks for sharing this, [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] b/c now i'm intrigued! I wanted to get a tether ball set for the boys last year but never got around to it. I kept looking at reviews of some, and some were good, others not so good so I kept putting it off. This tether-toy looks like a fun alternative.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Look on Etsy for Moo Chew tugs. they can each have an end and play together. [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I may seriously have to get this for Wally gator… he wants to play tug-o-war for hours, and my arms just can't take it anymore!!! Lol

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks for sharing this, @JennieS b/c now i'm intrigued! I wanted to get a tether ball set for the boys last year but never got around to it. I kept looking at reviews of some, and some were good, others not so good so I kept putting it off. This tether-toy looks like a fun alternative.

I looked at the reviews on amazon for it and i wasn't impressed, I sent them a message asking about bully jaws so i'll let you know when they respond. I like the one [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] posted above. It looks alot more durable.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Look on Etsy for Moo Chew tugs. they can each have an end and play together. @JennieS

They have to play separately. They haven't learned how to play together without fighting yet. We have to have 2 of everything. :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] Yes, I used to buy four of everything! Now I save $, because no matter if they are all the same-they all want the ONE that the other dog has-"oh, but THAT one looks tastier!" Sometimes they do wind up in a fight over it, after trying every which way to distract the one who has the toy. I stop it quick-tell them NO FIGHTING. So far, they stop-hoping the day never comes when they won't stop-but then there will be no toys!(or no me...)

Most Reactions