General Question Almost 2 and forgot he's potty trained...

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winnie will be 2 at the end of this month, and he has suddenly forgotten that he was potty trained. He will pee on whatever he feels like, and will poop in the floor in the middle of the night even after I have taken him outside. He was potty trained and perfect at about 4 months old, then the last couple of months he has seemed to forget everything. He goes outside to do his business every day so I'm not so sure why he is still peeing on my stuff. It ranges from the refrigerator to the bathroom door...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How often is he doing this? He may have a UTI or bladder infection. That would not explain the poop though, unless he got the urge due to the other infection. If this is unusual behavior for him, you may want to have him checked by your vet as it may not be something he can control due to medical reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would also have a vet check done to ensure noting is worng heath wise.... otherwise, they all tend to regress at some point and you may have to go back to basics and/or reinforce the outside behavior with treats/affection

OP
H

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have been going back to basics with him. It's helping a little. He likes to growl at me when I ask "did you go pee pee in my house?" Then he gets in his cage. I'm starting to think its a behavioral thing with him.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I agree with bullmama & 2bullymama - may want to have him checked just in case to make sure he's ok... When Ty started to pee in the house, we had him at the vet the next day, and turns out he had a UTI.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.