binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
There was another dog in class (I thought it was just us since we were making up a session.) Chubbs was very excited to meet another dog. They were friendly towards each other, no mischief. We worked on loose leash walking and teaching down (lay down).

Now for what [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] & [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] have been waiting for. The trainer got to see the aggression in person. She put only 4 kibbles in a bowl and put it on the floor. Chubbs gobbled most of it up, I 'kicked' the bowl away because Christy didn't want me using my hands/ getting hurt at the store. And oh boy I could see her surprise and fear. She's shocked that he does the same thing with a frozen treat in a Kong toy. Her only suggestion, don't grab anywhere near his neck... get up and walk away instead. Once he calms down, I can continue feeding him if it's in a bowl. She's gonna talk to one of the groomers who's had bullies her whole life. As well as another local trainer. So that's what I'm left with.

For the time being, I'll just keep hand feeding him. Session 3 tomorrow night & the hubby is coming!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh dear, LORD... breed has nothing to do with it, it is a behavioral issue. <sigh>! Hopefully, the other trainer has some insight -- I am going to call a friend of mine and she what he thinks. Can you try to get some of this on video? His playfulness with other dogs and then the food aggression?

have fun tomorrow night... enjoy the time that goes well and hopefully you get some good insight from the other trainer.

thanks for the update

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I already have video of Chubbs with my in-laws Goldens, that okay? I'll still try to get video of him interacting with other dogs. As for the aggression, is there a way I can send it to you privately?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama I already have video of Chubbs with my in-laws Goldens, that okay? I'll still try to get video of him interacting with other dogs. As for the aggression, is there a way I can send it to you privately?

sure --- just send it to me in a private message.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.