Jumping and nipping at kids

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I have a 4 year old female bully. I have had her for about 4 months. Prior to that she was a breeding dog. Recently, she has been jumping at my 2 and 4 year old nieces when they come over. Today as my niece was getting off the couch she jumped and nipped a bit at her. She wasn't growling or anything like that. I play with her with toys for her to chase and a frisby. Any ideas? I don't think she is trying to be mean, but I don't want her to hurt anyone.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would keep her on leash when the kids are around and teach her not to jump -- step on the leash to stop the jump or tie her to something till she settle down. You can also use a water bottle and squirt her in the side of the face with a firm 'OFF' or 'NO' as yo squirt to teach her it is not acceptable. Both worked well with Banks as a puppy and we are now using the water bottle with our 10 wks old pup to limit/redirect his chewing on furniture

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is playing, but she needs to learn they are not her play toys. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] has given you some good advise. Just stay on her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online