Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 16 of 16

Thread: We don't understand him

  1. #13
    Dog Groomer binxrexchubbs's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Location
    NH seacoast
    Posts
    564
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: We don't understand him

    @2BullyMama probably about 1 month ago. We're kinda figuring it's because he's starting to become a big boy... with his lipstick out, haha.

  2. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11468

    Default Re: We don't understand him

    Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    @2BullyMama probably about 1 month ago. We're kinda figuring it's because he's starting to become a big boy... with his lipstick out, haha.
    Maybe, but that usually shows itself in stubborness, not listening and over excitment when playing (aggrsssive play or sudden attack).... keep me posted and I interested in hearing what the trainer determines.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #15
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,958
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2786

    Default Re: We don't understand him

    Brutus does this. He started only growling at my Black lab. He was fine with the yellow lab being around while he ate. We would fed separately so Brutus could relax and eat slowly. Then we got Frankie and Brutus will try to bark or growl at the others but we do not allow this. We make him work for his food. He has to sit until released by whom ever is feeding him and we pet him and take his food out of the bowl and hand feed him. Brutus will try to do what I call a "Drive by". He will run by the kiddie gate and bark once and go and eat his food. I always reprimand him when he does this. The funny thing is, Brutus will only do this with his kibble. I can group feed treats, apple, etc.... Weird. I am also curious to hear what the trainer says.
    My smooshy face boy!

  4. #16
    Dog Groomer binxrexchubbs's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Location
    NH seacoast
    Posts
    564
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: We don't understand him

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Maybe, but that usually shows itself in stubborness, not listening and over excitment when playing (aggrsssive play or sudden attack).... keep me posted and I interested in hearing what the trainer determines.
    I'll letcha guys know. We have a session tomorrow and Wednesday. He's realized he's not the alpha, finally. Chubbs also isn't fond that the cats are higher on the pole, haha. Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Brutus does this. He started only growling at my Black lab. He was fine with the yellow lab being around while he ate. We would fed separately so Brutus could relax and eat slowly. Then we got Frankie and Brutus will try to bark or growl at the others but we do not allow this. We make him work for his food. He has to sit until released by whom ever is feeding him and we pet him and take his food out of the bowl and hand feed him. Brutus will try to do what I call a "Drive by". He will run by the kiddie gate and bark once and go and eat his food. I always reprimand him when he does this. The funny thing is, Brutus will only do this with his kibble. I can group feed treats, apple, etc.... Weird. I am also curious to hear what the trainer says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •