Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Excited and humping

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    OMG, this made me laugh! But it is definitely a problem, especially as bullies are so strong!

You should get a Pet Corrector. They have them at Petsmart, Petco, Amazon, etc. It's compressed air that makes a little CHH noise when you press it. It's not very loud (depending on how hard you press) but for some reason it really gets dogs' attention! It is flat out amazing. I got it from Matilda's doggie trainer originally to help her walk by squirrels without having primal instincts make her go crazy. NOTHING else helped but a few times walking by with the Pet Corrector (she would start to speed up and get aggressive, I would spray and tell her NO) and she stopped completely. It is awesome for stuff like this, just spray it every time Taco gets too excited and he will learn not to do it very quickly. It's way more effective than a can of coins!

I'm a firm believer everyone with a dog should get one. I always recommend them to people in my apartment with yappy dogs
    Thanks! This might help with our training in how to walk nicely on a leash in the face of distractions. We've tried the stand and wait approach but our girl is used to waiting and has the patience of a saint, only to start pulling again right away.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    OMG, this made me laugh! But it is definitely a problem, especially as bullies are so strong!

You should get a Pet Corrector. They have them at Petsmart, Petco, Amazon, etc. It's compressed air that makes a little CHH noise when you press it. It's not very loud (depending on how hard you press) but for some reason it really gets dogs' attention! It is flat out amazing. I got it from Matilda's doggie trainer originally to help her walk by squirrels without having primal instincts make her go crazy. NOTHING else helped but a few times walking by with the Pet Corrector (she would start to speed up and get aggressive, I would spray and tell her NO) and she stopped completely. It is awesome for stuff like this, just spray it every time Taco gets too excited and he will learn not to do it very quickly. It's way more effective than a can of coins!

I'm a firm believer everyone with a dog should get one. I always recommend them to people in my apartment with yappy dogs
    I have used the Pet Corrector too, and it really does stop them in their tracks! Great invention!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

I've taken to holding taco on his his back. He screams bloody murder, but calms down fairly quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by YHSublime View Post
    I've taken to holding taco on his his back. He screams bloody murder, but calms down fairly quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paws up next to his head.... little buggers are stubborrn!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads