Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
OMG, Bella just had a holy terror moment. She just wouldn't listen! She was trying to pull down the curtains from the window and then she was biting my clothes after I repeatedly told her "No bite! No bite!"

She was ignoring me. She's rarely that bad...out. of. control.

This phase passes, this phase passes, this phase passes...RIGHT???! :pray:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I PROMISE it passes, It seems just like yesterday I could not take my eye off Vegas. And now he will be 6 in March and is a big happy lazy bully.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG, Bella just had a holy terror moment. She just wouldn't listen! She was trying to pull down the curtains from the window and then she was biting my clothes after I repeatedly told her "No bite! No bite!"

She was ignoring me. She's rarely that bad...out. of. control.

This phase passes, this phase passes, this phase passes...RIGHT???! :pray:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: eventually................................

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh yea, I meant tomorrow, but I did not say which tomorrow!!!!:whistle:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ha ha! Just when you feel like jumping off the roof, he will calm down. And then you get to rinse and repeat when you go through the terrible twos! (When they are around 12-13mos.) I swear I thought Brutus had brain damage he was sooo bad. Then they get normal again. Lol

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks all! It's the promise that this will clear that's keeping me sane. It's like I'm raising a Tasmanian devil over here. I almost ran away and left her the house. LOL!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Be not afraid! I've been there many times! It really does get better. Just gotta' hang in there:yes:

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
Thanks all! It's the promise that this will clear that's keeping me sane. It's like I'm raising a Tasmanian devil over here. I almost ran away and left her the house. LOL!

FINALLY!!! After spending the morning reading tons of posts about behavior, I finally found one totally related to what I'm experience now!
So BIG is almost 7 months and he's a sweetheart 90% of the time. He cuddles, licks you, knows how to sit, lay down, stay, be quiet, etc! We have a trainer and practice nothing is for free. Like I said on my most recent post, I was having trouble to treat his tear stains, but quickly he learned that if he cooperates, he gets a treat.

But recently, those 10% of wild time is making me fear he will be aggressive. I never know if is just the adolescent phase, shark phase, whatever phase or if I will have a real problem in the future.
But your description about Bella was perfect.

Examples about BIG:

Is having a zoomie, or playing with his toys and suddenly runs to me, tries to hump my leg. I say a firmly NO, he gets angry, air snaps and snaps my leg also.
Sometimes I see his wee wee, so maybe he's super excited and need to release that extra energy.
I have to keep saying, NO! SIT! while he keeps snaping and growling until FINALLY lays down, gives me that "Ooops, sorry!" look and goes away.

Or like last night. We were both at the couch, me watching TV and he was chewing his toy. Suddenly, decided to chew my arm! I said no, that didn't help, so I pretended I was crying.. he got super concerned, started to lick my face all over, like saying I'm sorry (and that gaves me hope he's not a bad dog lol)

The other day he was also playing and I was on the phone, standing up... he ran to me, started to growl, to air snap and tried to snap my ankles... I could not calm him down so I ran to the bathroom! When I left after 2 or 3 minutes, he was super ok!

I get really concerned when those things happens! He is 7 months almost, so maybe the hormones are kicking (?). I never had a dog, so I don't know how to differentiate signs of early aggression from other typical dog behaviors.

Tomorrow we have a vet appointment, but please tell me this is just a phase! =)

Thanksss

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
FINALLY!!! After spending the morning reading tons of posts about behavior, I finally found one totally related to what I'm experience now!
So BIG is almost 7 months and he's a sweetheart 90% of the time. He cuddles, licks you, knows how to sit, lay down, stay, be quiet, etc! We have a trainer and practice nothing is for free. Like I said on my most recent post, I was having trouble to treat his tear stains, but quickly he learned that if he cooperates, he gets a treat.

But recently, those 10% of wild time is making me fear he will be aggressive. I never know if is just the adolescent phase, shark phase, whatever phase or if I will have a real problem in the future.

Examples about BIG:

Is having a zoomie, or playing with his toys and suddenly runs to me, tries to hump my leg. I say a firmly NO, he gets angry, air snaps and snaps my leg also.
Sometimes I see his wee wee, so maybe he's super excited and need to release that extra energy.
I have to keep saying, NO! SIT! while he keeps snaping and growling until FINALLY lays down, gives me that "Ooops, sorry!" look and goes away.

Or like last night. We were both at the couch, me watching TV and he was chewing his toy. Suddenly, decided to chew my arm! I said no, that didn't help, so I pretended I was crying.. he got super concerned, started to lick my face all over, like saying I'm sorry (and that gaves me hope he's not a bad dog lol)

The other day he was also playing and I was on the phone, standing up... he ran to me, started to growl, to air snap and tried to snap my ankles... I could not calm him down so I ran to the bathroom! When I left after 2 or 3 minutes, he was super ok!

I get really concerned when those things happens! He is 7 months almost, so maybe the hormones are kicking (?). I never had a dog, so I don't know how to differentiate signs of early aggression from other typical dog behaviors.

Thanksss

Awww, I understand how you feel. Bella was bad. I couldn't pet her or play with her. I distinctly remember the incident in my OP, LOL. She was a hellion, but also very smart. I remember her being aggressive and snapping back at me when I'd try to make her get her front paws of the couch. We'd go through this back and forth with me telling her "No!" and her growling, snapping, and jumping at me. She was a tiny pup then! I was also a little afraid at times, not that she'd hurt me - but, I was worried she was going to be a psycho-dog. (She is still a little psycho, but it's not aggressive...just goofy.)

It gets better!!

I promise your pup will calm down. Maybe males are a little more testosterone-y, but I think he's due to calm down. One thing, though, I wouldn't go running from him or backing down when he gets crazy. Bella and I had battles of will, but I never let her win, even if I was worried.

Also, mention it to the vet, and see what they say. Message me anytime...I totally understand! I think I posted several times around that time regarding Bella's crazy behavior.

Here's another:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/training-and-behavioral/43332-growling.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Examples about BIG:

Thanksss

there will be two specific times that they aare going through disobedient phases (other than initial puppy stage) .... 8-10 months, what I call the toddler years and then around 15 months... the rebellious teenage years. Just stay consistent in your training and do not give an ich. always know a dog is not mature till at least 2 years of age (some breeds are 4 yrs) and traing hass to be constant till that time. Then there was Banks... she was a 9 yrs training session :D

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
Awww, I understand how you feel. Bella was bad. I couldn't pet her or play with her. I distinctly remember the incident in my OP, LOL. She was a hellion, but also very smart. I remember her being aggressive and snapping back at me when I'd try to make her get her front paws of the couch. We'd go through this back and forth with me telling her "No!" and her growling, snapping, and jumping at me. She was a tiny pup then! I was also a little afraid at times, not that she'd hurt me - but, I was worried she was going to be a psycho-dog. (She is still a little psycho, but it's not aggressive...just goofy.)

It gets better!!

I promise your pup will calm down. Maybe males are a little more testosterone-y, but I think he's due to calm down. One thing, though, I wouldn't go running from him or backing down when he gets crazy. Bella and I had battles of will, but I never let her win, even if I was worried.

Also, mention it to the vet, and see what they say. Message me anytime...I totally understand! I think I posted several times around that time regarding Bella's crazy behavior.

Here's another:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/training-and-behavioral/43332-growling.html

Thanks a lot Cali and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] for getting back to me!
We went to the Vet on Saturday for a regular check up and Big is just fine!

Considering he gets really "psycho" only once or twice a week, the vet is pretty sure it's related to the hormones!

I learned that I have to say NO BEFORE he tries to grab my legs to hump... then he leaves me alone just fine... if I'm distracted and get him in the act, then he reacts crazy.

Thanks a lot for you input and feedback! Such a relief to know I'm not alone! =)

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Thanks a lot Cali and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] for getting back to me!
We went to the Vet on Saturday for a regular check up and Big is just fine!

Considering he gets really "psycho" only once or twice a week, the vet is pretty sure it's related to the hormones!

I learned that I have to say NO BEFORE he tries to grab my legs to hump... then he leaves me alone just fine... if I'm distracted and get him in the act, then he reacts crazy.

Thanks a lot for you input and feedback! Such a relief to know I'm not alone! =)

I think he'll grow out of it. Bulldog puppies are so big for their ages that it might scare first time dog/bulldog owners a bit when they go zoomie crazy. I'm not sure if it's hormones, I have a three year old bully, Ruckus, who isn't neutered and he is calmer than neutered bullies we've met, but wilder than others also. Now his puppy sister, 11 month old Regina, was a total shark when she was younger and sometimes still is. I have to remind her constantly that she has to be gentle when playing.

Does he have a crate? I taught both of mine "go crate", not as a punishment but just as a command and they know to calm down and chill when I send them there.

Good luck! The puppy phase will pass and you'll find yourself wishing they were babies again!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.