Help Radar tries to Attack my son

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Radar Update: Since my last post we have had his Thyroid tested, completed the Thuja and Lyssin for his possible vaccine reaction, my son has been feeding him, we had a behaviorist at the house just this Saturday and things are much better.

His Thyroid came back completely normal, he was smack dab in the middle on everything. The Thuja and Lyssin I think made a difference, my vet says that there is no way that his rabies shot had anything to do with his problems, I am not convinced - if there is a side effect to something Radar will have it.

The behaviorist was at the house on Saturday and that was a huge wake up call for all of us he was fantastic he taught us a lot about the things we do at the house that give Radar the wrong impression - like he said everything you do trains your dog only sometimes you mean it. We have put in place some very easy exercises to re-train Radar that we are in charge.

I am not sure if it was his rabies shot or us that got him this way, I am assuming it was mostly us and I have to stop beating myself up about that, but we are on the right track now and are seeing improvements every day and with some consistency we should have our adorable, funny, loving fur baby back.

Great upddate... happy to here he is healthy and it is training that is needed. best of luck --- stay consistent!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad he is healthy! Keep at it! Teenagers,ugh!

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
That's awesome! I'm going thru something similar. Consistency seems to be the key. Unfortunately, I'm afraid of my baby so hubby takes care of the consistency. Omg, you just made me think of something. Hope all continues well!

Most Reactions