Help Needed! Crate Training

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
For those of you who use crates at night Can you please tell me where in your house you successfully have the crates. We tried crates at first and were unsuccessful due to them being used as a toilet but our pups have started some destructive behaviour (destroying the crown moulding) so I don't feel like they can be loose right now as sometimes they are quiet and sneaky and don't wake me up when they wake up. Also I'm hoping being a little bit older and getting better with potty training this will no longer be an issue inside the crate. I think part of the crate training issues are mine. I think I have the separation anxiety not the dogs..lol...but my husband needs to be able to sleep at night for work so in our room won't work in the beginning but I feel guilty having them somewhere alone.....am I crazy????

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea's crate is in my room near the end of our bed on my wife's side. She only eats and sleeps in it as we have a large play pen with toys and a coolaroo in it that she will go in if we are going to be gone longer than an hour.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We put ours in the spare bedrooms.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankies is in the breakfast room, and Brutus' is in the corner of the dining room. My boys are 2 and 3 though so they are only in them when we are not home. They at this point sleep on the couch. They do not move off of them after 9pm until around 9:30am the next morning.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have a 3-story townhome and I keep Bella's crate in the basement. She still cries, so this is the best place for it, I think. I have a radio and t.v. down there, too...for some audio comforts.

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Ok I'm starting to feel better having them away from us. My kids and husband need sleep for work and school, so I don't want to keep the whole house up with the crying but I really want to start using the crates. Thanks everyone!

Members online

No members online now.