Ever used a Snuggle Puppy?

Meatball1

Dec 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
MEATBALL
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum (and bulldogs too). I'll be getting my first EB puppy in a few weeks and I am soooo excited! I have been doing a lot of research and I've been trying to think of ways to help my little guy make the transition from his litter to my home a little more easily. I came across something that's sort of neat and was wondering if anyone here has tried using it. It's called a Snuggle Puppy. It's a plush puppy that comes with a beating heart and heat packs. It's meant to ease the puppy's separation anxiety that might occur from being separated from the litter.

It sounds pretty cool in theory, but I'm curious if anyone here has used it and if it really works? Heres a link to it on amazon.Amazon.com : Snuggle Pet Products Snuggle Puppies Behavioral Aid Toy for Pets, Brown and White : Pet Relaxants : Pet Supplies

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have not used one, I have heard several times people comment on how well their babies do with the beating heart sound especially at night time. Good luck and please let us know what happens. :welcome: to EBN! happy you found us!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I have never heard of such a thing! Perhaps useful, but I think it's better to hold him close to you. We had a seven-hour drive home from the breeder and I held Castor in my arms the whole time (he slept most of that time) and then the first months, his bed was next to mine so I could pat him if he needed to be comforted. Just like a baby - keep him close and he will let you know when he needs to be comforted and when he is ok. Good luck with your little meatball!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome to EBN!!! I agree that the idea sounds great but I've never used one. I slept next to Bocephus when he was first away from his Mom.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and I have never used one, but it looks pretty cool, and cute too. I would think it would help. If you get one, please let us know how well it did.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

I also have never used one, but I can see the benefit.... please let us know if you buy it, how it works out

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Wow, this sounds great! It's kinda pricey, though. But, if it helps Bella, it'll be worth it. Thanks for sharing this and welcome! I've learned a lot here. :yes: I'm also a new bully owner.

karmazabit

Oct 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow I can't believe no one has used this! I got it the first week I had my baby bulldog, she was 2 months old and slept perfectly from the beginning in her cage with a heartbeat sound next to her. She always tried to eat the pillow that came with it so I just left the heart beat outside her cage. She never cried at night and seems very comfortable in there during the day even if I was home. I think it worked wonders and would recommend to anyone with a puppy. I did not use the item you mentioned but a similar item found on Amazon that came in a pillow.

karmazabit

Oct 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
And I will admit the first two nights I had her she slept with me but ever since then she's been in her own kennel and does just fine! It was best to keep the kennel at half size with her so she wouldn't pee on the other side. She is now fully potty trained! No accidents for one month and she is 8 months :)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
It looks way cool--let us know how it works. We've always put our bully babies in bed with us from the first night on, but we really like sleeping with our dogs. They never made a peep, just cuddled in and went to sleep!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I just ordered it; it'll be here tomorrow. After a week, Bella still cries when she's put in her crate. We'll see what happens!

benny316

Sep 9, 2014
Nearly of the time if you put them to bed with a hot water bottle I used to put it under the dog bed wrapped in a towel you have to be careful little dog cant get to it but the heat of this would send them to sleep

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
image.jpgBella is sleeping on it right now! I have the heart in/beating. I'm not using the heating pack, though.

If this calms her in the crate tonight, it'll be a miracle!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 158

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
It looks way cool--let us know how it works. We've always put our bully babies in bed with us from the first night on, but we really like sleeping with our dogs. They never made a peep, just cuddled in and went to sleep!

Im curious, Donnam, how did you handle potty accidents in the bed? Were you guys getting up every hour or so? Or were your bullys not puppies when you got them?

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
They were all puppies and I got up (set my alarm) for 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. I also took the water up by 8:00 p.m. and the last potty time before bed was 10:00 p.m. We never had any problems with tinkling in the bed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.