Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever used a Snuggle Puppy?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    MEATBALL
    Likes (Received)

Default Ever used a Snuggle Puppy?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum (and bulldogs too). I'll be getting my first EB puppy in a few weeks and I am soooo excited! I have been doing a lot of research and I've been trying to think of ways to help my little guy make the transition from his litter to my home a little more easily. I came across something that's sort of neat and was wondering if anyone here has tried using it. It's called a Snuggle Puppy. It's a plush puppy that comes with a beating heart and heat packs. It's meant to ease the puppy's separation anxiety that might occur from being separated from the litter.

It sounds pretty cool in theory, but I'm curious if anyone here has used it and if it really works? Heres a link to it on amazon.Amazon.com : Snuggle Pet Products Snuggle Puppies Behavioral Aid Toy for Pets, Brown and White : Pet Relaxants : Pet Supplies

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ever used a Snuggle Puppy?

I have not used one, I have heard several times people comment on how well their babies do with the beating heart sound especially at night time. Good luck and please let us know what happens. to EBN! happy you found us!

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have never heard of such a thing! Perhaps useful, but I think it's better to hold him close to you. We had a seven-hour drive home from the breeder and I held Castor in my arms the whole time (he slept most of that time) and then the first months, his bed was next to mine so I could pat him if he needed to be comforted. Just like a baby - keep him close and he will let you know when he needs to be comforted and when he is ok. Good luck with your little meatball!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN!!! I agree that the idea sounds great but I've never used one. I slept next to Bocephus when he was first away from his Mom.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and I have never used one, but it looks pretty cool, and cute too. I would think it would help. If you get one, please let us know how well it did.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

I also have never used one, but I can see the benefit.... please let us know if you buy it, how it works out
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Wow, this sounds great! It's kinda pricey, though. But, if it helps Bella, it'll be worth it. Thanks for sharing this and welcome! I've learned a lot here. I'm also a new bully owner.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names

Wow I can't believe no one has used this! I got it the first week I had my baby bulldog, she was 2 months old and slept perfectly from the beginning in her cage with a heartbeat sound next to her. She always tried to eat the pillow that came with it so I just left the heart beat outside her cage. She never cried at night and seems very comfortable in there during the day even if I was home. I think it worked wonders and would recommend to anyone with a puppy. I did not use the item you mentioned but a similar item found on Amazon that came in a pillow.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names

And I will admit the first two nights I had her she slept with me but ever since then she's been in her own kennel and does just fine! It was best to keep the kennel at half size with her so she wouldn't pee on the other side. She is now fully potty trained! No accidents for one month and she is 8 months

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

It looks way cool--let us know how it works. We've always put our bully babies in bed with us from the first night on, but we really like sleeping with our dogs. They never made a peep, just cuddled in and went to sleep!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I just ordered it; it'll be here tomorrow. After a week, Bella still cries when she's put in her crate. We'll see what happens!

Nearly of the time if you put them to bed with a hot water bottle I used to put it under the dog bed wrapped in a towel you have to be careful little dog cant get to it but the heat of this would send them to sleep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads