Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I've had Bella for 4 days now. Some things I've learned about her personality:

She's very stubborn! She will decide that she doesn't want to walk anymore after she pees or poops. At this point, she will sit down and not respond to the leash tug.

She is very smart! I know I read somewhere that EBs are not smart. My dog is very quick, though. She learned almost immediately that she should pee when I take her outside. I can take her out 3 times in an hour and she will squat to pee every time. Also, she knows where home is (direction and all) because often, after she decides to stop walking, I pick her up and carry her a few blocks from home. When I put her down, she eagerly walks (or runs) toward our home. Sometimes I pick her up and carry her some distance from home during potty because I know she has another poop in her. :blush2:

She loves to be snuggled, held, and carried. It's not a problem now, because she's about 10 pounds; however, when she's 50 lbs, it'll be a different story!

She's food motivated! This is good; I'm using little bits of cheese to motivate her to walk more during our potty sessions. As I said above, she will pee and poop outside very quickly, but sometimes I need more from her. (I know she's not done - most times she can poop 2 or 3 times!)

My little girl has a very interesting personality. I'm enjoying getting to know her and finding the best ways to work with her.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Seems you are getting her down and quick!

Bulldogs are very smart... most people think they are dumb because Bulldogs are not meant/breed to please like most other dogs (lab, golden, etc) -- Bulldogs actually make a decision as to whether what you are asking is worth it to them, which is much smarter than just doing what is commanded

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Mine looks at me like I am stupid several times a day when I ask her to do something. Most of the time she does it but other times forget it unless there is a treat involved. :) Kind of like he saying you want me to do what? And for nothing to boot? Yeah about that.....

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Whelp, I guess it's good to know I'm not alone. Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You are not alone. Ponder ,ponder, well, I would consider it, it you were holding a treat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online