Getting frustrated again

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Hubby & I have different ways of handling Chubbs. Partially because hubby is racing to get ready in the morning so he doesn't have time to go slow. So all the wok I did last week, has retry much gone out the door. What I've noticed & find both interesting & annoying is Chubbs will listen to me when it's just the two of us. However, once hubby gets home... it's a complete 180. He stops listening to me & only obeys hubby. :( :gloom:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Just like a kid-he'll choose the one who lets him get away with the most! Bullies seem to mull over things in their minds more than other breeds-so you probably are #2, cause Dad may spoil more! If you both don't get on the same "page" with training-it will go downhill. When parents don't stick together with training children-they know how to play one against the other!! Good luck with DAD!!

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] We just enrolled Chubbs into puppy classes, finally! I don't think hubby spoils him, more hubby is such a big guy with a deep voice (which I don't have) that Chubbs clearly thinks he's the leader of the pack. :-(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Get rid of hubby, LOL just kidding, Chubbs is still a baby and will learn in time, it just takes time and plenty of patience, and it also helps if EVERYONE is on the same page when training. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Good luck with puppy class. Maybe that will give Chubbs more respect for you! Good discipline-but you still need to practice at home. A case of "do what I say, not what I do!" :rolleyes:

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I've thought of getting rid of hubby, lol. [emoji6]
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Thanks! [emoji3]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep -- they play off of you... so you have to be on the same page with the training.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.