Halibee

Aug 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
About a month ago I had posted for help because I was at my wits end with our lovely mini tank on four legs. After using some tricks you all gave me and getting help from a behavior/trainer, she has come around by leaps and bounds. She is still a very energetic and testing young girl, but 8 times out of 10 either we can redirect her from attacking our Golden or she redirects herself(to which she gets lots of praise and treats). Trying to teach her life is not a race, she will get special things in due time, patience and praise. We still can't walk them together cuz she wants to take him out to be first, but that will come in time I think. She definitely respects me a lot more for reigning her in. She follows me and asks permission for toys or to get up on furniture to snuggle. She is a somewhat different dog and I am so glad that I continued to seek help instead of resigning to her not being the dog for us. She is the dog for us, I just needed to learn to speak Bulldog. Hahahaha. Again, many thanks to all those who offered advice and help. This is truly a great place for help. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic update.... thanks for sticking with her! They can be a challenge but well worth the time and effort.... our girl was 9 yrs of training, day in and out, but I would not trade it for the world.

Love to see some pictures of Ms. Stella

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a great update! Bravo to you for not giving up on her!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The one thing Cesar Milan says that has really stuck with me is that all dogs are a blank canvases. Most dogs with behavior problems are reacting to our energy. I think I really believe this. I'm glad you stuck with your baby and she is now a companion you can really enjoy.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Great news-and you are to be commended for not giving up! Lucky Stella!:yes:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I sure loved reading your update about Stella, [MENTION=12624]Halibee[/MENTION]! not only was it encouraging for me (I still have my challenges w/Finn), but for anyone who is feeling like giving up or discouraged, there is HOPE and your post shows what determination, persistence, and most of all LOVE and PATIENCE can do for our bullies and for us!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I absolutely commend you so much, you did not give up, you are amazing you are giving it all to Stella, you have done everything and it is paying off, I am so happy for you and Stella. Thanks for the update !

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
So glad you stuck with her. A bulldog is like no other. They really are a unique breed that takes a special human to understand them.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awesome, and great job to you and your family, I'm so happy she is doing better. Keep up the good work and as you can see, it will pay off big time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.