Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 33

Thread: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

  1. #1
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Ugh this morning...

    I'm headed out this afternoon to a craft fair, so I decided to take the dogs for a walk since it's a nice day here for once. Poor Roxie still isn't feeling her usual self, and is pretty slow on the walks but she acts like she wants to go and I HATE to leave her behind WALTER on the other hand, who was doing SO WELL on the leash in training, decided to play tug-o-war the entire walk w/the leashes… either his or Roxie's My neighbors must think I'm insane… I'm yelling DROP IT at the top of my lungs, and he's still growling and pulling…

    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here… he had it at first, and now the walks are becoming a BATTLE and I honestly don't want to take him anymore Should I keep just taking him on walks alone until he finally get it's again?!! In the training we were walking doing watch me the entire time, and he did okay w/that… I don't understand why I can't walk both of them at the same time?!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11536

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    are you anxious or anticipating his behavior that you don't want? if yes, it is going right down the leash to him.... also, try not to yell.. say it firmly but calm, drop it or leaving it or even just no
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    yeah, no yelling.. need to stay calm.. but man, is that part hard.

    With Blue, I bought a shorter lead and keep him close to me. Also, I try not give him a chance to get distracted by anything, so we walk quickly and with a purpose. Also, I always keep treats with me for those times he's going to inevitably pull. I just quickly get one out to get his attention.
    My trainer said when he starts to get distracted, AKA pull, a quick short jerk on the lead will work, and eventually he'll get the message. So far though, it hasn't. Maybe it doesn't have the same effect on the harness as it does a collar?

    Blue is far from a good walker, but definitely doing better than he did with the shorter lead and quick walking. I just noticed it's a constant battle, at least for now. Guess that's the stubborn bulldog trait coming out..


  4. #4
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,821
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)
    350

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    LOL I'm sorry i know it's not funny to you but i can picture Wally playing with his leash and Roxie's. I trained Bifi not to pull by just walking in the other direction when he starts to walk ahead of me. He got this in 15 mins. I watched a training video from youtube but can't find that video anymore. Here are a couple videos i found in youtube that may be helpful to you:




  5. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    are you anxious or anticipating his behavior that you don't want? if yes, it is going right down the leash to him.... also, try not to yell.. say it firmly but calm, drop it or leaving it or even just no
    Oh yeah… it's a battle just getting the harness on, but w/the Julius one that only takes about 2 seconds. I was definitely yelling while we were walking today… LMAO!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. #6
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    yeah, no yelling.. need to stay calm.. but man, is that part hard.

    With Blue, I bought a shorter lead and keep him close to me. Also, I try not give him a chance to get distracted by anything, so we walk quickly and with a purpose. Also, I always keep treats with me for those times he's going to inevitably pull. I just quickly get one out to get his attention.
    My trainer said when he starts to get distracted, AKA pull, a quick short jerk on the lead will work, and eventually he'll get the message. So far though, it hasn't. Maybe it doesn't have the same effect on the harness as it does a collar?

    Blue is far from a good walker, but definitely doing better than he did with the shorter lead and quick walking. I just noticed it's a constant battle, at least for now. Guess that's the stubborn bulldog trait coming out..
    I guess I need to bring treats w/me, which I haven't done for awhile now because he was doing so well before I normally walk fast, but w/Roxie not feeling well she was dragging us behind. I guess I'm going to have to walk them separately for now… Ugh!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  7. #7
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    LOL I'm sorry i know it's not funny to you but i can picture Wally playing with his leash and Roxie's. I trained Bifi not to pull by just walking in the other direction when he starts to walk ahead of me. He got this in 15 mins. I watched a training video from youtube but can't find that video anymore. Here are a couple videos i found in youtube that may be helpful to you:



    Thank you for posting these… both were interesting. I've never tried a clicker w/Wally, but I may do this… I also think I'm going to have to walk him on his own until he learns how to walk properly. OH this morning was beyond comical… I was totally losing it, which was only adding to Wally's antics… Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  8. #8
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Thank you for posting these… both were interesting. I've never tried a clicker w/Wally, but I may do this… I also think I'm going to have to walk him on his own until he learns how to walk properly. OH this morning was beyond comical… I was totally losing it, which was only adding to Wally's antics… Lol
    I clicker trained Vegas. That was how he learned the nose in the corner trick, shutting the fridge and shutting the pantry. Also sitting, rolling over and playing dead were all via clicker. Orion? She tried to eat the clicker.

  9. #9
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I clicker trained Vegas. That was how he learned the nose in the corner trick, shutting the fridge and shutting the pantry. Also sitting, rolling over and playing dead were all via clicker. Orion? She tried to eat the clicker.
    I actually got a clicker, and started using it w/Roxie but she responded w/out it. I guess that Wally is going to be the difficult one of course… Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  10. #10
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Walters got you wrapped around his little finger and I think its adorabull.

  11. #11
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Walters got you wrapped around his little finger and I think its adorabull.
    You don't even know that half of it… baby boy has learned how to jump on the couch, so every night now he whines to get up there to get his siesta on…

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #12
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    You don't even know that half of it… baby boy has learned how to jump on the couch, so every night now he whines to get up there to get his siesta on…

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •