General Question Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If it's any consolation we can't really walk Boeboe and Bennie at the same time either. They both want to be in front so the race is ON with occasional nagging the whole way:mellow:. Joey... she will walk for a while and then she decided it's not fun anymore and she'll lay down, usually in the middle of the road or some other highly inappropriate place:fie: That's why we have a stroller to put her in as I can't carry her @ss all the way back home:tongue:

LMAO!!! Well that sounds like my walking experiences… AND I would so just put Joey in a stroller, OMG she's the sweetest THING!!! :w00t:

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a coupler?

What is that?!!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
When i was going through this with Winslow, i found that being able to see when he was going to go for it, BEFORE he did it, was the most important thing thing i could do to curb this most annoying behavior.

Pretty much it became a swing of the leash out of his reach, and Sit and Wait or whatever i wanted to do to distract/correct him. And of course telling him he was good if and when he was being good haha.
If he managed to catch it? Like he did this morning? Haha. Normally i can get him to sit and give it to me, and we (slowly) start over.

How to do this with two dogs? No idea. :( but i would think working with Wally alone before trying again would be a good idea. It has waarrrrmed up here, which means Winslow has thawed out and is going batsh!t crazy. So i will be losing it too.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Chapter 8 of How to Drive My Mommy Crazy....How to Walk My Human On A Leash First off, Walter defines a LEASH: As a strap that attaches to your collar, enabling you to lead your person where you want him/her to go. So to make my mommy crazy...I start to play tug of war and that just makes my mommy crazy. She has to be more consistent with me and the training that I receive. I also perform better with treats as those little yummies get my attention to watch her.........

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
When i was going through this with Winslow, i found that being able to see when he was going to go for it, BEFORE he did it, was the most important thing thing i could do to curb this most annoying behavior.

Pretty much it became a swing of the leash out of his reach, and Sit and Wait or whatever i wanted to do to distract/correct him. And of course telling him he was good if and when he was being good haha.
If he managed to catch it? Like he did this morning? Haha. Normally i can get him to sit and give it to me, and we (slowly) start over.

How to do this with two dogs? No idea. :( but i would think working with Wally alone before trying again would be a good idea. It has waarrrrmed up here, which means Winslow has thawed out and is going batsh!t crazy. So i will be losing it too.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear I'm NOT the only one… Lol :crazy: I'm going to have to walk them separately for now, that is until Wally learns to behave himself. I just don't understand WHY they get it, and then they suddenly become difficult again :( It's going to be a VERY long winter for both of us… Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene Chapter 8 of How to Drive My Mommy Crazy....How to Walk My Human On A Leash First off, Walter defines a LEASH: As a strap that attaches to your collar, enabling you to lead your person where you want him/her to go. So to make my mommy crazy...I start to play tug of war and that just makes my mommy crazy. She has to be more consistent with me and the training that I receive. I also perform better with treats as those little yummies get my attention to watch her.........

OR you forgot this Chapter of the book. I COULD go stay w/my uncle ROGER and my cousins Jewel & Bentley for the holiday season so I can learn how to behave!!! Lol :p

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
You don't even know that half of it… baby boy has learned how to jump on the couch, so every night now he whines to get up there to get his siesta on… :lazy2:

I just laughed so hard reading this. I love Walter!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OR you forgot this Chapter of the book. I COULD go stay w/my uncle ROGER and my cousins Jewel & Bentley for the holiday season so I can learn how to behave!!! Lol :p
Sure. The more the merrier. Although, I heard the weather here for Turkey Day is some sort of Noreaster which is not good for traveling to Western Maryland.

Oh yes send Walter out. He can watch football and drink beer w/ uncle Rog and his cousins. Well eat treats at least.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I also have trouble with walking. It begins inside the home, biting then harness & nipping me. Chubbs begins to walk then lays down before I've even closed the door. So, then I have trouble walking him down the stairs but with a slight jerk of the leash he starts walking. The real trouble begins on the way back home... jumping up at me, nipping, pulling my pants & shoes. Ugh!!! Everyone's been so gracious & helpful on here! Good luck! :)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I also have trouble with walking. It begins inside the home, biting then harness & nipping me. Chubbs begins to walk then lays down before I've even closed the door. So, then I have trouble walking him down the stairs but with a slight jerk of the leash he starts walking. The real trouble begins on the way back home... jumping up at me, nipping, pulling my pants & shoes. Ugh!!! Everyone's been so gracious & helpful on here! Good luck! :)

Yeah we are ALL suffering together… LMAO!!! :ROFL:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
LMAO!!! Well that sounds like my walking experiences… AND I would so just put Joey in a stroller, OMG she's the sweetest THING!!! :w00t:

- - - Updated - - -

What is that?!!

Coupler. The boys love it and when Emmitt or Rogan decides to fart around the one will drag the other so they have to keep up. Two with one leash.

View attachment 80979

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Once I had a pup who absolutely refused to walk on a leash. She would throw herself on the ground and kick like a child having a tantrum. I used the coupler, and put it on one of the Malanois, and the other end on the pup. She had to go where Moose went. He leash trained the pup for me. My dog was truly a dog trainer!:laugh:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Once I had a pup who absolutely refused to walk on a leash. She would throw herself on the ground and kick like a child having a tantrum. I used the coupler, and put it on one of the Malanois, and the other end on the pup. She had to go where Moose went. He leash trained the pup for me. My dog was truly a dog trainer!:laugh:

Love our Coupler. But then again when the boys get bigger and they see something scary like a butterfly I'm not sure I will love the coupler. Lynn I might be the one throwing the tantrum....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] If one dog goes one way, and the other dog goes the other way-you will be a wishbone!!! Make a wish Emmitt & Rogan :haha:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.