I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wally is being such a BRAT!!!

It's all in the name-Wally-GATOR!!!!!!!! -wally-jpg
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    It's all in the name-Wally-GATOR!!!!!!!! -wally-jpg
    I LOVE IT!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

If it's any consolation we can't really walk Boeboe and Bennie at the same time either. They both want to be in front so the race is ON with occasional nagging the whole way. Joey... she will walk for a while and then she decided it's not fun anymore and she'll lay down, usually in the middle of the road or some other highly inappropriate place That's why we have a stroller to put her in as I can't carry her @ss all the way back home
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Do you have a coupler?

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    If it's any consolation we can't really walk Boeboe and Bennie at the same time either. They both want to be in front so the race is ON with occasional nagging the whole way. Joey... she will walk for a while and then she decided it's not fun anymore and she'll lay down, usually in the middle of the road or some other highly inappropriate place That's why we have a stroller to put her in as I can't carry her @ss all the way back home
    LMAO!!! Well that sounds like my walking experiences… AND I would so just put Joey in a stroller, OMG she's the sweetest THING!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieBoy View Post
    Do you have a coupler?
    What is that?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

When i was going through this with Winslow, i found that being able to see when he was going to go for it, BEFORE he did it, was the most important thing thing i could do to curb this most annoying behavior.

Pretty much it became a swing of the leash out of his reach, and Sit and Wait or whatever i wanted to do to distract/correct him. And of course telling him he was good if and when he was being good haha.
    If he managed to catch it? Like he did this morning? Haha. Normally i can get him to sit and give it to me, and we (slowly) start over.

How to do this with two dogs? No idea. but i would think working with Wally alone before trying again would be a good idea. It has waarrrrmed up here, which means Winslow has thawed out and is going batsh!t crazy. So i will be losing it too.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@ddnene Chapter 8 of How to Drive My Mommy Crazy....How to Walk My Human On A Leash First off, Walter defines a LEASH: As a strap that attaches to your collar, enabling you to lead your person where you want him/her to go. So to make my mommy crazy...I start to play tug of war and that just makes my mommy crazy. She has to be more consistent with me and the training that I receive. I also perform better with treats as those little yummies get my attention to watch her.........

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jenzaar View Post
    When i was going through this with Winslow, i found that being able to see when he was going to go for it, BEFORE he did it, was the most important thing thing i could do to curb this most annoying behavior.

Pretty much it became a swing of the leash out of his reach, and Sit and Wait or whatever i wanted to do to distract/correct him. And of course telling him he was good if and when he was being good haha.
    If he managed to catch it? Like he did this morning? Haha. Normally i can get him to sit and give it to me, and we (slowly) start over.

How to do this with two dogs? No idea. but i would think working with Wally alone before trying again would be a good idea. It has waarrrrmed up here, which means Winslow has thawed out and is going batsh!t crazy. So i will be losing it too.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I'm glad to hear I'm NOT the only one… Lol I'm going to have to walk them separately for now, that is until Wally learns to behave himself. I just don't understand WHY they get it, and then they suddenly become difficult again It's going to be a VERY long winter for both of us… Lol

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    @ddnene Chapter 8 of How to Drive My Mommy Crazy....How to Walk My Human On A Leash First off, Walter defines a LEASH: As a strap that attaches to your collar, enabling you to lead your person where you want him/her to go. So to make my mommy crazy...I start to play tug of war and that just makes my mommy crazy. She has to be more consistent with me and the training that I receive. I also perform better with treats as those little yummies get my attention to watch her.........
    OR you forgot this Chapter of the book. I COULD go stay w/my uncle ROGER and my cousins Jewel & Bentley for the holiday season so I can learn how to behave!!! Lol

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    You don't even know that half of it… baby boy has learned how to jump on the couch, so every night now he whines to get up there to get his siesta on…
    I just laughed so hard reading this. I love Walter!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    OR you forgot this Chapter of the book. I COULD go stay w/my uncle ROGER and my cousins Jewel & Bentley for the holiday season so I can learn how to behave!!! Lol
    Sure. The more the merrier. Although, I heard the weather here for Turkey Day is some sort of Noreaster which is not good for traveling to Western Maryland.

Oh yes send Walter out. He can watch football and drink beer w/ uncle Rog and his cousins. Well eat treats at least.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

I also have trouble with walking. It begins inside the home, biting then harness & nipping me. Chubbs begins to walk then lays down before I've even closed the door. So, then I have trouble walking him down the stairs but with a slight jerk of the leash he starts walking. The real trouble begins on the way back home... jumping up at me, nipping, pulling my pants & shoes. Ugh!!! Everyone's been so gracious & helpful on here! Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads