Victor - Victoria version 2?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Chubbs is extremely calm around hubby, about 99.9% of the time. But when it comes to me, he's constantly play-biting/growling. He's never calm around me even if I know I'm relaxed. Why the difference? Is it because I'm female? [emoji53] [emoji174] [emoji22]

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is chill around me, moderately excited around my wife and goes bonkers with my son and daughter. Not sure why but it cold be they sense your energy level and want to play with you more. lol

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Harlea is chill around me, moderately excited around my wife and goes bonkers with my son and daughter. Not sure why but it cold be they sense your energy level and want to play with you more. lol

Do you think medical problems could affect the behavioral difference? :ashamed:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I believe he feels that hubby is above him (alpha) while you are underneath/below him in the pecking order.

Time to show him who's boss.

LP LP LP

Oct 31, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Fred
Very true, he sees himself as next in the pecking order of the pack and therefore you are subordinate to him. You have to assert your authority and let him know that he is below you, once he realises that he will respect your position in the pack 👍

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Yea in his world u are not the dominate. Try these things when u go for a walk YOU ARE IN FRONT. When u go into any door u always go in first. When u feed him he must sit and wait for u to give the call to eat. If he bite must give that LOUD mean voice NO!!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Patience, time, consistency....repeat as long as necessary.
So much of animal behavior can be compared to having and raising children. If you don't have any... I strongly recommend you get some.

Good Training~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.